Andrew,

In Queary yzer, paste the following:
SELECT 'TRUNCATE TABLE ' + [name] + char(13) +char(10)
+'GO'
FROM sysobjects WHERE xtype='U'

run this with the output as text (or to a file). this is
your script to delete all of the data from the tables.

Then create a DTS package that imports all of your Access
tables; Hint - you can do this in Enterprise Manager, from
the context menu of the database 'All Tasks/Import Data',
this DTS wizard will allow you to import all tables from
Access and in the last step you can save the package that
the wizard is creating.

Then if you really wnat to get fancy create another DTS
package that runs the TRUNCATE script and on success runs
the saved DTS package that imports your data

97 database as a
>back-end
>
>For testing I want to create a SQL Server test database
from a specific copy
>of the existing Access database
>The test database will be used to test a new front-end
for the SQL database.

>Each test cycle the SQL test database will need to be
recreated since
>testing will change the data!
>
>What is the easiest method of creating the test SQL
database ?

>cheers
>
>Andrew
>

>--
>************************************************* *********
******************
>andrewbingham.com
>
>tel 01223 514674 (Cambridge)
>mobile 07970 161057
>fax 07970 601283
>email [email]AndrewAndrewBingham.com[/email]
>
>DISCLAIMER, PLEASE NOTE:
>This communication is for the attention of the named
recipient only
>The content should not be passed on to any other person.
>It is sent in good faith, in confidence, and without
legal responsibility.

>VIRUS CHECK
>Emails and attachments are virus checked using Norton®
AntiVirus®
>2002 which is regularly updated. However it remains the
recipients
>responsibility to check emails and attachments sent, or
forwarded,