Professional Web Applications Themes

How to link flash buttons with dreamweaver - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

I have another issue and this forum has been so very helpful I thought I try it again. I've created a flash dropmenu and placed it in dreamweaver. I can't figure out how to link each of the buttons seperately using dreamweaver! Is this possible to do? How come you never run into these problems when your in the classroom...lol Thanks much Flutterflie...

  1. #1

    Default How to link flash buttons with dreamweaver

    I have another issue and this forum has been so very helpful I thought I try it
    again.

    I've created a flash dropmenu and placed it in dreamweaver. I can't figure out
    how to link each of the buttons seperately using dreamweaver! Is this possible
    to do?

    How come you never run into these problems when your in the classroom...lol

    Thanks much
    Flutterflie

    Flutterflie Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: How to link flash buttons with dreamweaver

    If you want to use Flash for navigation, consider this -

    1. Some people don't have Flash installed - what do they do?
    2. Search engines don't p Flash links - your site will not be spidered
    3. Screen assistive devices don't p Flash links - what will those users
    do?
    4. DW cannot maintain links within a Flash movie, so if you move or rename
    a linked file, your navigation will break - what will you do?

    It's usually a very bad idea for these reasons...

    To answer your question, you cannot apply hyperlinks to Flash using HTML.
    That'd have to be done in the Flash.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "Flutterflie" <com> wrote in message

    Murray Guest

  3. #3

    Ok! question?

    1. Can't users download flash player?
    2. What is p? and spidered mean?
    NOTE*** I still pretty new at this ( I don't remember hearing p & spidered
    in class)
    3. What the difference between flash buttons installed with dreamweaver vs.
    flash button a person creates, they both have to you the swf.

    I am not trying to be rude am just trying to understand! It just seems that
    all this is more complicated than it needs to be. I will get though.

    Thank you for your help
    Flutterflie

    Flutterflie Guest

  4. #4

    > 1. Can't users download flash player?

    Yes, but perhaps they - a) don't know that, b) don't want to, c) aren't
    allowed to by their internal policies, or d) are using a public computer
    that doesn't have it installed.

    "P" means to read through the code on the page, and "spidered" means
    that the page has been pd by a search engine "bot" that is trying to
    build an index of the site for use when searching the net - Google, for
    example. The fact that your Flash cannot be pd, or spidered, means that
    your site will not get indexed, therefore it will not appear when someone
    searches with a search engine.

    They are the same.

    Actually, it's not. It's about as complicated as it should be. This is a
    complicated topic. If it were simple, then everybody would be doing it. It
    is not simple. In addition, if you are going to be using DW without
    knowledge of HTML and CSS, then you are in for a frustrating ride. DW
    "expects" you to have this knowledge as you use it.....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "Flutterflie" <com> wrote in message

    Murray Guest

  5. #5

    Thank you!

    I am working on my knowledge of HTML & Java Scripting. I understand it takes
    time. 2nd Web Class start soon-trying to get ahead start before class begins
    One more question?

    Is actionscript & Java Script basically the same lanquage? (notice some
    similarities between the two!)

    Thanks,
    Flutterflie

    Flutterflie Guest

  6. #6

    > Is actionscript & Java Script basically the same lanquage? (notice some

    No, but they are quite similar.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert