Professional Web Applications Themes

how to pixelate part of an image - Macromedia Fireworks

Hi, not sure if that's a real word! but I am working on showcase website that will feature adult themed down loads for the Sims. One of the first things most Sims gamers download is a patch that removes the 'pixelated' censoring from the game and we're going to need to put it back on some of the screen shots! TIA, -- Phil Max Boxxer (UK) [url]http://www.maxboxxer.co.uk[/url] [url]http://www.starjocks.com[/url] telephone : +44(0)1970 832803 FAX : 832087 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------- Please Note Max Boxxer UK / Starjocks.com will never send email attachments without prior notification - Similarly if you need to send an ...

  1. #1

    Default how to pixelate part of an image

    --
    ---------------------------------------

    Please Note
    Max Boxxer UK / Starjocks.com will never
    send email attachments without prior
    notification - Similarly if you need to send
    an email attachment please let us know
    otherwise it will be automatically blocked!

    ---------------------------------------

    Pop-Up Stopper Professional. The ultimate in pop-up and pop-under ad
    blocking
    for AOL, MSN, Internet Explorer, Netscape, Yahoo SBC, Opera, WMConnect,
    CompuServe, Juno, NetZero and Windows Messenger pop-ups.

    [url]http://www.panicware.com/product_psprofessional.html?rid=1951[/url]

    ---

    Phil Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: how to pixelate part of an image

    If the image is not a vector Object, you can place a marching ants line
    around the area you want the pxellated effect to be visible. You do this
    with the Marquee Tool or the Lasso Tool from the Tools panel. Choose
    from the Filters menu the kind of effect you want applied, such as a
    feasible Blur or Find Edges. Alternatively you can use a plugin for the
    desired effect and choose it from the Filters menu. If the image is a
    vactor Object, you need to turn it into a bitmap first using
    CTRL+Alt+Shift+Z to make a Bitmap from it.

    HTH,

    Coen Naninck

    Phil wrote:
    > Hi, not sure if that's a real word! but I am working on showcase website
    > that will feature adult themed down loads for the Sims. One of the first
    > things most Sims gamers download is a patch that removes the 'pixelated'
    > censoring from the game and we're going to need to put it back on some of
    > the screen shots! TIA,
    > --
    > Phil Max Boxxer (UK) [url]http://www.maxboxxer.co.uk[/url] [url]http://www.starjocks.com[/url]
    > telephone : +44(0)1970 832803 FAX : 832087
    >
    > Please Note
    > Max Boxxer UK / Starjocks.com will never
    > send email attachments without prior
    > notification - Similarly if you need to send
    > an email attachment please let us know
    > otherwise it will be automatically blocked!

    > Pop-Up Stopper Professional. The ultimate in pop-up and pop-under ad
    > blocking
    > for AOL, MSN, Internet Explorer, Netscape, Yahoo SBC, Opera, WMConnect,
    > CompuServe, Juno, NetZero and Windows Messenger pop-ups.
    >
    > [url]http://www.panicware.com/product_psprofessional.html?rid=1951[/url]
    >

    > ---

    Good luck!

    Coen Naninck
    _______________________________

    Please do not E-mail me with questions about Fireworks issues. Post them
    on the Forum instead. All the time I have left to spend in this Forum
    can't be contributed to also answering questions outside the Forum. It
    just takes too much time and it doesn't help the rest of the world.

    Thank you.

    Coen Naninck Guest

  3. #3

    Phil,

    Go here: [url]http://thepluginsite.com/products/download.htm[/url]
    and download a set of free filters to come pwetty close to what you
    want. The download is free but i'm not sure if you can use it for
    commercial purposes. Fireworks is supported.

    Good luck!

    Phil wrote:
> [...]
    >
    > --
    >
    >>>---------------------------------------
    >>>
    >>>Pop-Up Stopper Professional. The ultimate in pop-up and pop-under ad
    >>>blocking
    >>>for AOL, MSN, Internet Explorer, Netscape, Yahoo SBC, Opera, WMConnect,
    >>>CompuServe, Juno, NetZero and Windows Messenger pop-ups.
    >>>
    >>>[url]http://www.panicware.com/product_psprofessional.html?rid=1951[/url]
    >>>

    >>>---

    >>--
    >>Good luck!
    >>
    >>Coen Naninck
    >>_______________________________
    >>
    >>Please do not E-mail me with questions about Fireworks issues. Post them
    >>on the Forum instead. All the time I have left to spend in this Forum
    >>can't be contributed to also answering questions outside the Forum. It
    >>just takes too much time and it doesn't help the rest of the world.

    Good luck!

    Coen Naninck
    _______________________________

  4. #4

    Fireworks can optimise other formats than PNG Phil. You can't edit the
    filter applied to an image after applying it, you CAN with vector Objects.
    Maybe you can somehow use PSP's way of achieving your effect in
    Fireworks. If it is an external file that PSP uses, maybe Fireworks can
    use it, if it is implemented the same way as a plug-in. My knowledge is
    too ill for that though.

    Good luck!

    Phil wrote:
> [...]
    >>>>
    > website

    > first

    > 'pixelated'

    >>>of

    >>>[url]http://www.starjocks.com[/url]

    >>>--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >>>
    >>>--

    >>>--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >>>
    >>>--

    >>>---

    >>--
    >>Good luck!
    >>
    >>Coen Naninck
    >>_______________________________
    >>
    >>Please do not E-mail me with questions about Fireworks issues. Post them
    >>on the Forum instead. All the time I have left to spend in this Forum
    >>can't be contributed to also answering questions outside the Forum. It
    >>just takes too much time and it doesn't help the rest of the world.

    Good luck!

    Coen Naninck
    _______________________________

  5. #5

    Hi Nullzilla, it's basically a showcase for web sites that have created
    adult themed stuff for the Sims like skins & love beds, it's all harmless
    fun!! Now I know how I'd like to use the pixelated effect on the logo just
    to really set the tone :) Thanks everyone.

    --

    "NullZilla" <nzincorphotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Off topic, but what is the website for adult themed the sims downloads
    > you're making =))))
    >

    > "Phil" <philmaxboxxer.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Hi, not sure if that's a real word! but I am working on showcase website
    > > that will feature adult themed down loads for the Sims. One of the first
    > > things most Sims gamers download is a patch that removes the 'pixelated'
    > > censoring from the game and we're going to need to put it back on some
    of
    > > the screen shots! TIA,
    > > --
    > > Phil Max Boxxer (UK) [url]http://www.maxboxxer.co.uk[/url]
    [url]http://www.starjocks.com[/url]
    > > telephone : +44(0)1970 832803 FAX : 832087

    > --
    > > ---------------------------------------
    > >
    > > Please Note
    > > Max Boxxer UK / Starjocks.com will never
    > > send email attachments without prior
    > > notification - Similarly if you need to send
    > > an email attachment please let us know
    > > otherwise it will be automatically blocked!

    > --
    > > ---------------------------------------
    > >
    > > Pop-Up Stopper Professional. The ultimate in pop-up and pop-under ad
    > > blocking
    > > for AOL, MSN, Internet Explorer, Netscape, Yahoo SBC, Opera, WMConnect,
    > > CompuServe, Juno, NetZero and Windows Messenger pop-ups.
    > >
    > > [url]http://www.panicware.com/product_psprofessional.html?rid=1951[/url]
    > >

    > > ---

    ---

    Phil Guest

  6. #6

    Yeah but what's the link?!

    --
    NullZilla
    [url]http://nzinc.tk[/url]

    > Hi Nullzilla, it's basically a showcase for web sites that have created
    > adult themed stuff for the Sims like skins & love beds, it's all harmless
    > fun!! Now I know how I'd like to use the pixelated effect on the logo just
    > to really set the tone :) Thanks everyone.
    >
    > --
    > Phil Max Boxxer (UK) [url]http://www.maxboxxer.co.uk[/url] [url]http://www.starjocks.com[/url]
    > telephone : +44(0)1970 832803 FAX : 832087
    >
    > Please Note
    > Max Boxxer UK / Starjocks.com will never
    > send email attachments without prior
    > notification - Similarly if you need to send
    > an email attachment please let us know
    > otherwise it will be automatically blocked!

    > Pop-Up Stopper Professional. The ultimate in pop-up and pop-under ad
    > blocking
    > for AOL, MSN, Internet Explorer, Netscape, Yahoo SBC, Opera, WMConnect,
    > CompuServe, Juno, NetZero and Windows Messenger pop-ups.
    >
    > [url]http://www.panicware.com/product_psprofessional.html?rid=1951[/url]
    > "NullZilla" <nzincorphotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Off topic, but what is the website for adult themed the sims downloads
    > > you're making =))))
    > >

    > > "Phil" <philmaxboxxer.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > Hi, not sure if that's a real word! but I am working on showcase
    website
    > > > that will feature adult themed down loads for the Sims. One of the
    first
    > > > things most Sims gamers download is a patch that removes the
    'pixelated'
    > > > censoring from the game and we're going to need to put it back on some
    > of
    > > > the screen shots! TIA,
    > > > --
    > > > Phil Max Boxxer (UK) [url]http://www.maxboxxer.co.uk[/url]
    > [url]http://www.starjocks.com[/url]
    > > > telephone : +44(0)1970 832803 FAX : 832087

    > > --
    > > > ---------------------------------------
    > > >
    > > > Please Note
    > > > Max Boxxer UK / Starjocks.com will never
    > > > send email attachments without prior
    > > > notification - Similarly if you need to send
    > > > an email attachment please let us know
    > > > otherwise it will be automatically blocked!

    > > --
    > > > ---------------------------------------
    > > >
    > > > Pop-Up Stopper Professional. The ultimate in pop-up and pop-under ad
    > > > blocking
    > > > for AOL, MSN, Internet Explorer, Netscape, Yahoo SBC, Opera,
    WMConnect,
    > > > CompuServe, Juno, NetZero and Windows Messenger pop-ups.
    > > >
    > > > [url]http://www.panicware.com/product_psprofessional.html?rid=1951[/url]
    > > >

    > > > ---

    > ---

    NullZilla Guest

  7. #7

    there isn't 1 yet !! - we're still working on it

    --

    > Yeah but what's the link?!
    >
    > --
    > NullZilla
    > [url]http://nzinc.tk[/url]
    >

    > "Phil" <philmaxboxxer.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Hi Nullzilla, it's basically a showcase for web sites that have created
    > > adult themed stuff for the Sims like skins & love beds, it's all
    harmless
    > > fun!! Now I know how I'd like to use the pixelated effect on the logo
    just
    > > to really set the tone :) Thanks everyone.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Phil Max Boxxer (UK) [url]http://www.maxboxxer.co.uk[/url]
    [url]http://www.starjocks.com[/url]
    > > telephone : +44(0)1970 832803 FAX : 832087

    > --
    > > ---------------------------------------
    > >
    > > Please Note
    > > Max Boxxer UK / Starjocks.com will never
    > > send email attachments without prior
    > > notification - Similarly if you need to send
    > > an email attachment please let us know
    > > otherwise it will be automatically blocked!

    > --
    > > ---------------------------------------
    > >
    > > Pop-Up Stopper Professional. The ultimate in pop-up and pop-under ad
    > > blocking
    > > for AOL, MSN, Internet Explorer, Netscape, Yahoo SBC, Opera, WMConnect,
    > > CompuServe, Juno, NetZero and Windows Messenger pop-ups.
    > >
    > > [url]http://www.panicware.com/product_psprofessional.html?rid=1951[/url]
    > > "NullZilla" <nzincorphotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > Off topic, but what is the website for adult themed the sims downloads
    > > > you're making =))))
    > > >

    > > > "Phil" <philmaxboxxer.co.uk> wrote in message

    > website
    > first
    > 'pixelated'
    > > of
    > > [url]http://www.starjocks.com[/url]

    > > > --

    > > > --

    > WMConnect,

    > > ---

    ---

    Phil Guest

  8. #8

    Well what's it gonna be when there is one =X

    --
    NullZilla
    [url]http://nzinc.tk[/url]

    > there isn't 1 yet !! - we're still working on it
    >
    > --
    > Phil Max Boxxer (UK) [url]http://www.maxboxxer.co.uk[/url] [url]http://www.starjocks.com[/url]
    > telephone : +44(0)1970 832803 FAX : 832087
    >
    > Please Note
    > Max Boxxer UK / Starjocks.com will never
    > send email attachments without prior
    > notification - Similarly if you need to send
    > an email attachment please let us know
    > otherwise it will be automatically blocked!

    > Pop-Up Stopper Professional. The ultimate in pop-up and pop-under ad
    > blocking
    > for AOL, MSN, Internet Explorer, Netscape, Yahoo SBC, Opera, WMConnect,
    > CompuServe, Juno, NetZero and Windows Messenger pop-ups.
    >
    > [url]http://www.panicware.com/product_psprofessional.html?rid=1951[/url]
    > "NullZilla" <nzincorphotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Yeah but what's the link?!
    > >
    > > --
    > > NullZilla
    > > [url]http://nzinc.tk[/url]
    > >

    > > "Phil" <philmaxboxxer.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > > Hi Nullzilla, it's basically a showcase for web sites that have
    created
    > > > adult themed stuff for the Sims like skins & love beds, it's all
    > harmless
    > > > fun!! Now I know how I'd like to use the pixelated effect on the logo
    > just
    > > > to really set the tone :) Thanks everyone.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Phil Max Boxxer (UK) [url]http://www.maxboxxer.co.uk[/url]
    > [url]http://www.starjocks.com[/url]
    > > > telephone : +44(0)1970 832803 FAX : 832087

    > > --
    > > > ---------------------------------------
    > > >
    > > > Please Note
    > > > Max Boxxer UK / Starjocks.com will never
    > > > send email attachments without prior
    > > > notification - Similarly if you need to send
    > > > an email attachment please let us know
    > > > otherwise it will be automatically blocked!

    > > --
    > > > ---------------------------------------
    > > >
    > > > Pop-Up Stopper Professional. The ultimate in pop-up and pop-under ad
    > > > blocking
    > > > for AOL, MSN, Internet Explorer, Netscape, Yahoo SBC, Opera,
    WMConnect,
    > > > CompuServe, Juno, NetZero and Windows Messenger pop-ups.
    > > >
    > > > [url]http://www.panicware.com/product_psprofessional.html?rid=1951[/url]
    > > > "NullZilla" <nzincorphotmail.com> wrote in message

    > > website
    > > first
    > > 'pixelated'
    > some
    > > > of
    > > > [url]http://www.starjocks.com[/url]

    > > WMConnect,

    > > > ---

    > ---

    NullZilla Guest

  9. #9

    "Phil" <philmaxboxxer.co.uk> wrote in message

    > Hi, not sure if that's a real word! but I am working on showcase website
    > that will feature adult themed down loads for the Sims. One of the first
    > things most Sims gamers download is a patch that removes the 'pixelated'
    > censoring from the game and we're going to need to put it back on some of
    > the screen shots! TIA,
    > --
    > Phil Max Boxxer (UK) [url]http://www.maxboxxer.co.uk[/url] [url]http://www.starjocks.com[/url]
    > telephone : +44(0)1970 832803 FAX : 832087
    I guess you need some sort of rectangular mosaic filter, not available in
    FW. You may give a try to some of my own:
    [url]http://www.illustrator.ru/catalog/software/Razmanov/mosaic_e.shtml[/url]

    they're free so why not to check out. Select appropriate filters for
    download from that page, or, better yet, just grab the whole pack from
    [url]http://www.illustrator.ru/catalog/software/Razmanov/index_e.shtml[/url] or,
    alternatively, start at my home page at [url]http://photoshop.msk.ru/[/url] and browse
    around :-)

    Note, the filters will apply the effect to all currently selected pixels.
    That means you should use either selection tools or layers before that, to
    separate some part of the image. I beleive Coen explained how to do that
    already.

    Ilyich.
    Ilya Razmanov (a.k.a. Ilyich the Toad)
    [url]http://photoshop.msk.ru/[/url] - Photoshop plug-in filters
    "Hmmm... as general rule, corpses aren't too much fun" - Umgah,
    Star Control II

    Ilya Razmanov Guest

  10. #10

    NullZilla wrote:
    >Well what's it gonna be when there is one =X

    Hi Null:

    I think that if you want that information you should ask Phil off of
    this forum. Let's keep it professional.

    --
    enthusiastically,
    mark haynes

    Announcing Macromedia DevNet Subscriptions
    Maximize your power with our new premium software subscription for Macromedia developers
    Find out more: [url]http://www.macromedia.com/go/devnetsubs/[/url]

    mark haynes Guest