Professional Web Applications Themes

How to Print a folder wull of PDF doents without first having to open every one of the docuement - Adobe Acrobat Windows

I have a paralegal who is working on downloading tons of PDF's from the US Patent and trade mark web site. After downloading these PDF's she will need to print them all out. I have her downloading all of them into one folder at this time and expect that she's going to have about 200 PDF's after she's done. She is currently using the latest verison of Adobe acrobat 6.0 reader. I have in our office fully licensed copies of Adobe acrobat 5.0 and 6.0 standard. How can we highlight all of the PDF's in the folder and send them ...

  1. #1

    Default How to Print a folder wull of PDF doents without first having to open every one of the docuement

    I have a paralegal who is working on downloading tons of PDF's from the US Patent and trade mark web site. After downloading these PDF's she will need to print them all out.

    I have her downloading all of them into one folder at this time and expect that she's going to have about 200 PDF's after she's done.

    She is currently using the latest verison of Adobe acrobat 6.0 reader.
    I have in our office fully licensed copies of Adobe acrobat 5.0 and 6.0 standard.

    How can we highlight all of the PDF's in the folder and send them to print out without having to first open each pdf. This would save her and many others a lot of time.

    Thanks.
    George Kiessling
    [email]gkiesslingbannerwitcoff.com[/email]
    George_Kiessling@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    1. Set the printer you want as your default printer

    2. Open Acrobat and minimize it

    3. Highlight the ones you want to print (although I wouldn't do more than about 50 or so at once)

    4. Right click and select "Print."
    W_T_Allen@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    I tried to do as you instructed but when I right clicked on the ones I wanted to print I did not get a print option to select.

    Any ideas?
    George_Kiessling@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Might try a re-install, that options should be there by default. I just tested on my system (WinXP, Acrobat 5)
    W_T_Allen@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    -wrong thread-
    Dorian_Grey@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    You could also try, from Windows Explorer, to select a few files, right click, and select 'Send to', and then select your printer from the pop-up menu.
    Johann_F_Swart@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    George

    right click or send to would be apt if you are working on a single file.

    TRY THIS
    DRAG n DROP
    1.open the printers folder in one window
    2.open the folder that contains the PDFs to be printed
    3.open acrobat and minimize it
    4.set the target printer to the required printing preferences
    5.select the pdf files to be printed, drag n drop them on the target printer in the printers folder.

    HINT: drag n drop 20 at a time instead of all the files - LIFE would be easy with the printer.
    For the process depends on the machine resources, size/no of pages
    in each PDF file, etc.

    do drop me a mail if this really helped u.
    it did for me with hundreds of WORD files.
    TVS
    [email]tvsdipshotmail.com[/email]
    tvsdips@adobeforums.com Guest