Professional Web Applications Themes

How to program order entry with input dependent filters - Microsoft SQL / MS SQL Server

Hi folks. Thanks in advance for you help. We're in the midst of a wholesale revision of our Access database to SQL so that orders can be directly entered from our website. We offer several products that are handled differently depending upon what sort of product it is. So I want to limit what can be chosen as a product based upon the type of product it is (category), and then chose the basic product, from which another set of options will open up based upon the product. And finally, the total cost will be dependent upon shipping, which is ...

  1. #1

    Default How to program order entry with input dependent filters

    Hi folks. Thanks in advance for you help.

    We're in the midst of a wholesale revision of our Access database to SQL so
    that orders can be directly entered from our website. We offer several
    products that are handled differently depending upon what sort of product it
    is. So I want to limit what can be chosen as a product based upon the type
    of product it is (category), and then chose the basic product, from which
    another set of options will open up based upon the product. And finally, the
    total cost will be dependent upon shipping, which is dependent upon the
    destination (Country).

    For instance, someone wants to order a magazine subscription (our main
    product), we need to first know they want a subscription (vs a T-shirt or
    Video, or Back Issue), then which magazine (2 possible), then which term (1
    yr, 2yr, 3 yr), and finally, what the start and end issue of the
    subscription would be. Add to that, how they want it shipped (Std or
    Priority), which is then priced by the country of destination.

    Example 2: They want a T-shirt. That's a shirt category, then they can chose
    S- or L-sleeved, then the size (s,m,lg,xl), and finally the style (up to 4
    styles), and finally the quantity, and the shipping class (std, priority,
    overnight) - priced according to destination.

    I've already defined tables for Category, Product, then various Product
    Detail tables for each product, and have yet to, but think I know what to
    include in a shipping table.

    How do I do all this?

    Thanks again for any help.
    Craig Dostie, Susan Schnier
    [email]editorcouloirmag.com[/email], [email]sdschniercouloirmag.com[/email]

    UltraDev Guest

  2. #2

    You will need to break this down into more specific
    questions or hire one of us as a consultant.

    I suggest attempting it on your own and asking for help on
    specific issues as they arise.

    DJoe Guest