Professional Web Applications Themes

How to read/write Appleshare passwords - Mac Programming

The title says it all. The Keychain API does not seem to provide a way to that. -- "My Break-Dancing days are over, but there's always the Funky Chicken" --The Full Monty...

  1. #1

    Default How to read/write Appleshare passwords

    --
    "My Break-Dancing days are over, but there's always the
    Funky Chicken"
    --The Full Monty
    Lorenzo Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: How to read/write Appleshare passwords

    In article <internal.thethurmans.com>,
    Lorenzo Thurman <com> wrote:

    Sure it does -- that's where my AppleShare passwords go when I connect to a
    server and specify that I want to save my password in Keychain. Or did I
    misunderstand the question?

    meeroh

    Miro Guest

  3. #3

    In article <mit.edu>,
    Miro Jurisic <org> wrote:

    > Sure it does -- that's where my AppleShare passwords go when I connect to a
    > server and specify that I want to save my password in Keychain. Or did I
    > misunderstand the question?
    >
    > meeroh[/ref]

    The Keychain API allows you to create Internet and Generic passwords,
    but it does not allow you create AppleShare passwords. It would seem
    that one cannot programatically retrieve an AppleShare password.

  4. #4

    In article
    <internal.thethurmans.com>,
    Lorenzo Thurman <com> wrote:

    It can be done, from AppleScript at least.

    Patrick
    --
    Patrick Stadelmann <ch>
    Patrick Guest

  5. #5

    Lorenzo Thurman <com> wrote:

    > > Sure it does -- that's where my AppleShare passwords go when I connect to a
    > > server and specify that I want to save my password in Keychain. Or did I
    > > misunderstand the question?[/ref]
    >
    > The Keychain API allows you to create Internet and Generic passwords, but it
    > does not allow you create AppleShare passwords. It would seem that one cannot
    > programatically retrieve an AppleShare password.[/ref]

    I still think you are confused. Have you tried creating an Internet password for
    the afp URL scheme?

    meeroh

    Miro Guest

  6. #6

    In article <mit.edu>,
    Miro Jurisic <org> wrote:

    > > The Keychain API allows you to create Internet and Generic passwords, but
    > > it
    > > does not allow you create AppleShare passwords. It would seem that one
    > > cannot
    > > programatically retrieve an AppleShare password.[/ref]
    >
    > I still think you are confused. Have you tried creating an Internet password
    > for
    > the afp URL scheme?
    >
    > meeroh[/ref]

    No, I did not. Can you point me to some sample code?

  7. #7

    Lorenzo Thurman <com> wrote:

    > No, I did not. Can you point me to some sample code?[/ref]

    No, but I see that kSecProtocolTypeAFP is listed in the Keychain API, so I am
    going to guess it's the same as with any other protocol, so
    <http://developer.apple.com/doentation/Security/Reference/keychainservices/key
    chainServRef/function_group_7.html#//apple_ref/c/func/SecKeychainAddInternetPassw
    ord> and related pages would appear to be relevant.

    hth

    meeroh

    Miro Guest