Professional Web Applications Themes

How to retrieve locked NEW PAGE? - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

(C3) My client has a writer and a publisher. The writer created a new page (thus I cannot yet see it by logging into the site through Dreamweaver). She then sent it to the publisher, who saw some errors and re-sent it back to the writer for corrections. The page showed up in the writer's draft list but when she goes to edit it, it tells her she cannot edit it because another user has it checked out - and the user specified is her! I can't go into Dreamweaver and delete lck files because it is a new page ...

  1. #1

    Default How to retrieve locked NEW PAGE?

    (C3) My client has a writer and a publisher. The writer created a new page
    (thus I cannot yet see it by logging into the site through Dreamweaver). She
    then sent it to the publisher, who saw some errors and re-sent it back to the
    writer for corrections. The page showed up in the writer's draft list but when
    she goes to edit it, it tells her she cannot edit it because another user has
    it checked out - and the user specified is her!

    I can't go into Dreamweaver and delete lck files because it is a new page
    which doesnot show in the site yet.

    What is the URL of drafts? Can I go into that location and delete lck files?

    ginnygrl Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: How to retrieve locked NEW PAGE?

    ginnygrl wrote:
    > (C3) My client has a writer and a publisher. The writer created a new page
    > (thus I cannot yet see it by logging into the site through Dreamweaver). She
    > then sent it to the publisher, who saw some errors and re-sent it back to the
    > writer for corrections. The page showed up in the writer's draft list but when
    > she goes to edit it, it tells her she cannot edit it because another user has
    > it checked out - and the user specified is her!
    >
    > I can't go into Dreamweaver and delete lck files because it is a new page
    > which doesnot show in the site yet.
    >
    > What is the URL of drafts? Can I go into that location and delete lck files?

    Have you tried using a regular FTP access tool like WS_FTP LE to connect
    to the site? (Any other FTP tool will work as well.) Close Contribute.
    Then, you can then delete the .LCK file and move on with your work.

    --

    Howard H. Heflin
    [email]NOSPAM_HHHeflinnetscape.net[/email]

    Stop SPAM !!!!
    Howard Heflin Guest

  3. #3

    There is no lck file at all since the new page has not yet been published. It does not show up in the webfile list as a file yet. It is still in draft mode.
    ginnygrl Guest

  4. #4

    I don't have another FTP program, looks like I will have to get one to solve Contribute problems! I will try it, thank you.
    ginnygrl Guest

  5. #5

    The URLs of drafts are SOMEWHAT random, but here is a tip:

    Look in the same directory as the draft. Look for a directory name that starts
    with the same text as the page_name (with additional random text thrown in),
    and look for it there.

    While you can't delete the lck file within Dreamweaver, you should be able to
    open the file within Dreamweaver (and be prompted to override the lock that is
    there). Then you can check it back in which would remove your lock (which
    replaced the old lock).

    Hope this helps.

    wickahead Guest