Professional Web Applications Themes

How to retrive modified records - Informix

I need to know how to retrive newely added + modified + deleted records from specific date. Is it possible without incremental backup. Thanks Ruturaj Kirloskar Copeland Ltd, Karad This message (including any attachments) contains confidential Information intended for a specific individual recipient and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. sending to informix-list...

  1. #1

    Default How to retrive modified records

    I need to know how to retrive newely added + modified + deleted records from
    specific date.
    Is it possible without incremental backup.
    Thanks
    Ruturaj
    Kirloskar Copeland Ltd,
    Karad

    Information intended for a specific individual recipient and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

    sending to informix-list
    Kalgaonkar, Ruturaj S. Guest

  2. #2

    Default RE: How to retrive modified records

    Kalgaonkar, wrote

    > I need to know how to retrive newely added + modified +
    > deleted records from
    > specific date.
    > Is it possible without incremental backup.
    Even with incremental backup this would not be straightforward
    because a backup would retrieve deleted records but not get added
    records or amended.

    Every table in our database has the following fields,
    created_by char(8)
    default user not null ,
    created_dt datetime year to second
    default current year to second not null ,
    modified_by char(8),
    modified_dt datetime year to second,

    This makes everything but the deleted records straightforward.
    Perhaps you can use a delete trigger for them and archive them somewhere.

    COlin Bull
    [email]c.bullvideonetworks.com[/email]
    sending to informix-list
    Colin Bull Guest

  3. #3

    The only way I can think of doing it would be use the onlog utility to find
    the changes. It would be a long process.

    Alternatively use triggers to add rows to an audit trail table.

    Malcolm
    > I need to know how to retrive newely added + modified + deleted records
    from
    > specific date.
    > Is it possible without incremental backup.
    > Thanks
    > Ruturaj
    > Kirloskar Copeland Ltd,
    > Karad

    > Information intended for a specific individual recipient and purpose, and
    is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should
    distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is
    strictly prohibited.

    > sending to informix-list
    sending to informix-list
    malcolm.iiug Guest