Looking for an answer to this question:

Got an order form where I'm letting folks provide their billing
address. The form includes the usual drop-down list of
states/provinces. When they've finished filling out the billing
address, users click a submit button.

Then they see a form where they can enter their shipping address. By
default, I want that second form to be filled in with the data already
provided on the billing form. That's a no-brainer with text inputs,
etc., but how do I select the right state in the drop-down list on the
second page? I know I need to set the "selectedIndex" property, but is
there any other way besides counting the number of items in the list?

Thanks.

Chris Keane