Professional Web Applications Themes

How to set up Master Page - Adobe Illustrator Windows

hello , am a very new to illustrator as i am using pagemaker for page designing so i couldnot get any option for master page doent in illustrator as we use in adobe page maker and also i couldn't understand how to set up page margin in illustrator as in page maker. there is a dotted line around page area in illustrator which i think is margin area but couldnot understand how to define page margin . will images print outside that dot dot line around page area? will be greatful for your kind help. thanks....

  1. #1

    Default How to set up Master Page

    Anil_Shakya@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: How to set up Master Page

    Anil,

    Illustrator only has one page and thus everything in this page is "MASTER". If you are using PageMaker for your doent design, then make your images in Illustrator you wish to use, and then Place that/those into your PageMaker design setting up your page margins there as you would normally.

    If you are designing a page in Illustrator with that being your final product, then set the size page (usually 8"x11") and if you've established a default printer for this, you'll note that there is automatically a No Print margin (View\Show Page Tile) set by your printer driver in dashed inner rectangle. You can use that and it's position to your layout (supposedly the shape and size of your print media) for establishing how your "page" will print.

    Bob
    BobHill@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    hello Bob,

    thanks for your kind information. i am trying to do designing logo and page layout in single application like in illustrator as we can not design logo in pagemaker. any way i got what you said but one thing i couldnot understand is what you mean usually 8"x11" page size ?

    am desinging a cover design in illustrator its size is 22cm X 31cm and there is dot dot line around page area will that crop my image outside that dot line?
    Anil_Shakya@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Anil,

    Probably improperly I was assuming that you are in the US, which commonly uses the "letter" sized layout as standard. Of course whatever you set for your layout size, the printer print/no print area will be set upon it by View\Show Page Tile the printer driver's dashed lines inside the layout lines.

  5. #5

    Bob,

    thank you much for your kind help and suggestions.

    anil
    Anil_Shakya@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Good luck, Anil. Let us know how you make out.