Professional Web Applications Themes

How To Supress Acrobat Error Message And Alert Message - Adobe Acrobat SDK

Is there any way to supress those pop up message? If can't, is there any way to catch it?...

  1. #1

    Default How To Supress Acrobat Error Message And Alert Message

    ckpang@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Hi ckpang,

    I'm also looking for these information. I know that you can't suppress the popups (for security reason).

    I think it's possible to catch it using the callback notifications.

    Please share these information once you'll find a solution.

    Thanks in advance,
    Joel_N@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    It is quite annoying when using OLE automation and facing those popup.
    Even we manage to catch it, I think we still can't programmatically terminate the app.
    ckpang@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    no, you can't catch alerts/pop ups brought up during OLE automation...
    Leonard_Rosenthol@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Hi Leonard,

    And using the SDk? (with a plugin) Is it possible to catch alerts/pop ups?
    Joel_N@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    You can use hook proc to catch the alert window.
    NoSmoking@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    In my case I have to catch the alert window generated by Adobe Acrobat.
    I use Acrobat but I hide the Acrobat's windows using it and once an alert popups the window is shown but it doesn't take the focus. So the user can't see/understand that he needs to click 'OK' on the alert/popup which is in the Acrobat window.

    Which procedure do I need to know that an alert occurs? (and I don't want to launch a thread to check if the Acrobat's window is hidden or not;)
    Joel_N@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Someone has already faced to this problem?
    Joel_N@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    CkPang/Joel,

    All the Adobe Acrobat pop-ups are controlled via registry and have blocked many of those for my application users using the same. Let me know the exact pop-up and the steps to re-generate the same and will try to provide a key for disabling.
    Atin Wadehra Guest

  10. #10

    Thanks Atin. But I have an easier way to resolve this problem.
    The solution is to create a thread (or use the AVIdleProc callback) and add a check with AVAppModalWindowIsOpen(). If a modal window is open then you can catch it by doing a search on the windows. The Class name is #32770 (Dialog) and the Window Caption is Adobe Acrobat

    Regards,
    Joel_N@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Fine Joel and thanks for the update regarding the code.

    However, the term easier method should be based on the situation like you feel its better to catch and dismiss the popups using the code while I feel its better to disable the Adobe pop-ups once via registry so that they can never come and disturb the users. This solution will work irrespective of whether the application is not running.
    Atin Wadehra Guest