Professional Web Applications Themes

how to transfer Elements to new computer - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Perhaps I'm duplicating something already mentioned and apologize ahead of time if I've missed something I should have read, but bundled versions of the program are NOT registered with Adobe. They are licensed to the device maker that bundled them and that maker is responsible for all serial numbers. Having said that, if Elements is still on the first machine and it's still available, then prior to uninstalling it, open Elements on that machine, HELP, About PhotoShop Elements, and at the bottom right you should see the serial number. Bob...

  1. #1

    Default Re: how to transfer Elements to new computer

    Perhaps I'm duplicating something already mentioned and apologize ahead of time if I've missed something I should have read, but bundled versions of the program are NOT registered with Adobe. They are licensed to the device maker that bundled them and that maker is responsible for all serial numbers. Having said that, if Elements is still on the first machine and it's still available, then prior to uninstalling it, open Elements on that machine, HELP, About PhotoShop Elements, and at the bottom right you should see the serial number.

    Bob
    BobHill Guest

  2. #2

    Bob,

    Last time I checked, that serial number was missing four digits (the four
    last ones) when compared with what's on my CD jevel case. However, I have a
    full commercial version (boxed).

    Unless I'm mistaken...

    X-Ray

    Ray Guest

  3. #3

    Correct, last 4 digits don't show.

    Serial number for Elements can be found in the registry, however:

    -- Photoshop Elements 2.0:
    Hkey_Local_Machine/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Uninstall/Ad
    obe Photoshop Elements 2.0
    -- Photoshop Elements 1.0: Hkey_Local_Machine/Software/Adobe/Photoshop
    Elements/1.0/Registration key for Photoshop Elements 1.0

    Look in Serial field in both cases

    Mac
    Mac McDougald Guest

  4. #4

    Ahh, I didnt spot that the last four were missing
    I took a look at the registry
    'Hkey_Local_Machine/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Uninstall/Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0' entry and again the last four digits are missing and replaced with X.
    Obviously important to keep serial numbers safe, I learnt my lesson some years ago and now tend to write the serial number on the CD with a fine felt tip.
    Derek
    Derek Powles Guest

  5. #5

    Raymond,

    True enough. I had forgotten that. Last four digits in Elements serial number is missing in About splash screen. And as Derek stated, I also always write the serial number onto my CDs with a fine tipped felt pen AS well as putting the tab on the jewel case AND inside cover of the manual.

    Bob
    BobHill Guest