Professional Web Applications Themes

how to uninstall iMovie 3 and restore iMovie 2 - Mac Applications & Software

I am a newbie in Apple products. I had recently upgraded my iMovie2 to iMovie3 in my iMac. I must say it is a good software with lots of enhancement compared to iMovie 2 . Sadly speaking iMovie 3 does not supports iDVD2, therfore I can't transfer my iMovie clips into DVD disc. And I have no intention to upgrade my iDVD to v3 atm. I was wondering are there any ways to uninstall iMovie3 and install iMovie2 by using the CDs (restore, system) that comes with the iMac. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....

  1. #1

    Default how to uninstall iMovie 3 and restore iMovie 2

    I am a newbie in Apple products. I had recently upgraded my iMovie2 to
    iMovie3 in my iMac. I must say it is a good software with lots of
    enhancement compared to iMovie 2 . Sadly speaking iMovie 3 does not
    supports iDVD2, therfore I can't transfer my iMovie clips into DVD disc.
    And I have no intention to upgrade my iDVD to v3 atm. I was wondering are
    there any ways to uninstall iMovie3 and install iMovie2 by using the CDs
    (restore, system) that comes with the iMac. Any suggestions would be
    greatly appreciated.

    0bserblur Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: how to uninstall iMovie 3 and restore iMovie 2

    In <galley-4B994F.22342816072003newsr1.texas.rr.com> Gordon B. Alley
    wrote:
    > In article <3f157612$1news.starhub.net.sg>, "0bserblur" <blurs.
    > usual> wrote:
    >
    >> I am a newbie in Apple products. I had recently upgraded my iMovie2
    >> to iMovie3 in my iMac. I must say it is a good software with lots of
    >> enhancement compared to iMovie 2 . Sadly speaking iMovie 3 does not
    >> supports iDVD2, therfore I can't transfer my iMovie clips into DVD
    >> disc. And I have no intention to upgrade my iDVD to v3 atm. I was
    >> wondering are there any ways to uninstall iMovie3 and install iMovie2
    >> by using the CDs (restore, system) that comes with the iMac. Any
    >> suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > AFAIK, you can burn a movie made with iMovie 3 using iDVD 2 (though
    > you won't be able to use chapter markers). iMovie 3 just doesn't
    > automatically transfer the file to iDVD 2 -- you have to do that
    > yourself. I think you would export to QuickTime, as a high-quality
    > self-contained movie (using the Expert Settings). Then you would drop
    > that movie onto iDVD 2. Try that and see if it works.
    >
    > iMovie 3 automatically creates a reference movie in the project folder,
    > but iDVD 2 may not be able to take it as input. Have you tried
    > dragging the iMovie 3 reference movie to iDVD 2?
    >
    > A QT self-contained movie contains all the video, sound, etc. A QT
    > reference movie is a much smaller file that contains only references
    > (pointers) to the original clip files, so those clip files must be
    > present in order to use a reference movie.

    isn't iDVD3 free for the download? Can't you just check Software Updates
    and see if it is available to you?

    That was the impression I got from it, considering I am a little over a
    year Mac newbie with a PowerMac with superdrive and version 3 of iMovie
    and iDVD.

    Good luck.
    Chey Guest

  4. #4

  5. #5

    Chey <chesysaynowayprodigy.net> wrote:
    > isn't iDVD3 free for the download?
    No. It's not available for download at all.

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    <http://www.macconsult.com>
    <http://bogart-tribute.net>