Professional Web Applications Themes

How to upload a file to 2 FTP sites without an upload component for company - ASP

Hi All I can't get round this because it's a local government thing, but I've done a CMS for a school (in ASP classic) that allows them to upload gifs, jpgs, pdfs and docs to their site for the usual CMS stuff. Works fine on my host as I use ASPupload and I have one FTP location for my data, but I've now found out that I've got to put the site on the local government's servers and they only provide the following setup: 1) No ASP components such as ASPupload. They say I can do it in ASP.net as ...

  1. #1

    Default How to upload a file to 2 FTP sites without an upload component for company

    Hi All

    I can't get round this because it's a local government thing, but I've done
    a CMS for a school (in ASP classic) that allows them to upload gifs, jpgs,
    pdfs and docs to their site for the usual CMS stuff.

    Works fine on my host as I use ASPupload and I have one FTP location for my
    data, but I've now found out that I've got to put the site on the local
    government's servers and they only provide the following setup:

    1) No ASP components such as ASPupload. They say I can do it in ASP.net as
    standard, but they can't give me any example code on how to do this!!! Any
    ideas bearing in mind that I upload the file and then update an SQL DB with
    the file info?

    2) They have 2 FTP locations for 1 site (no mirroring) so a user normally
    uploads the same content to 2 locations. This is no good for me as it's
    50/50 as to whether the user uploads the file via my CMS to FTP site 1 or 2
    and then 50/50 as to whether the visitor sees the content from FTP site 1 or
    2. I cannot get them to alter this setup, even though I think it is crap,
    so do you know of a way where I can upload the file to these 2 locations
    simultaneously???

    Thanks

    Laphan Guest

  2. #2

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Laphan" <pleasedont.spam.com>
    writing in news:1dOdnXPy2akR3BbVnZ2dnUVZ8sXinZ2dposted.metro net:
    > Hi All
    >
    > I can't get round this because it's a local government thing, but I've
    > done a CMS for a school (in ASP classic) that allows them to upload
    > gifs, jpgs, pdfs and docs to their site for the usual CMS stuff.
    >
    > Works fine on my host as I use ASPupload and I have one FTP location
    > for my data, but I've now found out that I've got to put the site on
    > the local government's servers and they only provide the following
    > setup:
    >
    > 1) No ASP components such as ASPupload. They say I can do it in
    > ASP.net as standard, but they can't give me any example code on how to
    > do this!!! Any ideas bearing in mind that I upload the file and then
    > update an SQL DB with the file info?
    >
    > 2) They have 2 FTP locations for 1 site (no mirroring) so a user
    > normally uploads the same content to 2 locations. This is no good for
    > me as it's 50/50 as to whether the user uploads the file via my CMS to
    > FTP site 1 or 2 and then 50/50 as to whether the visitor sees the
    > content from FTP site 1 or 2. I cannot get them to alter this setup,
    > even though I think it is crap, so do you know of a way where I can
    > upload the file to these 2 locations simultaneously???
    >
    > Thanks

    You can FTP without a component -
    [url]http://benmeg.com/code/asp/ftp.asp.html[/url] - I use this at work all the
    time, saves me from having to upload the files using a component. I
    just have to put in the name of the image, or other file, then ftp it
    up.

    You can also upload without a component -
    [url]http://benmeg.com/code/asp/ftp.asp.html[/url]
    I have used this as well, and it works fine.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell Guest

  3. #3

    Adrienne wrote on Sun, 27 Jul 2008 04:12:21 GMT:
    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Laphan" <pleasedont.spam.com>
    > writing in news:1dOdnXPy2akR3BbVnZ2dnUVZ8sXinZ2dposted.metro net:
    >> Hi All
    >> I can't get round this because it's a local government thing, but
    >> I've done a CMS for a school (in ASP classic) that allows them to
    >> upload gifs, jpgs, pdfs and docs to their site for the usual CMS
    >> stuff.
    >> Works fine on my host as I use ASPupload and I have one FTP location
    >> for my data, but I've now found out that I've got to put the site on
    >> the local government's servers and they only provide the following
    >> setup:
    >> 1) No ASP components such as ASPupload. They say I can do it in
    >> ASP.net as standard, but they can't give me any example code on how
    >> to do this!!! Any ideas bearing in mind that I upload the file and
    >> then update an SQL DB with the file info?
    >> 2) They have 2 FTP locations for 1 site (no mirroring) so a user
    >> normally uploads the same content to 2 locations. This is no good
    >> for me as it's 50/50 as to whether the user uploads the file via my
    >> CMS to
    >> FTP site 1 or 2 and then 50/50 as to whether the visitor sees the
    >> content from FTP site 1 or 2. I cannot get them to alter this setup,
    >> even though I think it is crap, so do you know of a way where I can
    >> upload the file to these 2 locations simultaneously???
    >> Thanks

    > You can FTP without a component -
    > [url]http://benmeg.com/code/asp/ftp.asp.html[/url] - I use this at work all the
    > time, saves me from having to upload the files using a component. I
    > just have to put in the name of the image, or other file, then ftp it
    > up.
    > You can also upload without a component -
    > [url]http://benmeg.com/code/asp/ftp.asp.html[/url]
    > I have used this as well, and it works fine.

    Your second link is the same as your first

    For ASP uploading, I've used this in the past with plenty of success: [url]http://www.motobit.com/help/scptutl/pure-asp-upload.htm[/url]

    --
    Dan

    Daniel Crichton Guest