Professional Web Applications Themes

how to upload files to remote server - Adobe Dreamweaver & Contribute

hello, i am currently writting an extension for dreamweaver mx and i have one question: I want to upload automatically a .js file (eg: myfile.js) to a directory on a remote server when I use my new "insertbar style" extension for the first time. The remote server is the one defined in my site (my ftp development server). How can i put files on the remote server? Can you give me a solution please?...

  1. #1

    Default how to upload files to remote server

    hello,

    i am currently writting an extension for dreamweaver mx and i have one
    question:

    I want to upload automatically a .js file (eg: myfile.js) to a directory on a
    remote server when I use my new "insertbar style" extension for the first time.
    The remote server is the one defined in my site (my ftp development server).

    How can i put files on the remote server?

    Can you give me a solution please?

    bricedenice42 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: how to upload files to remote server

    bricedenice42 wrote:
    > hello,
    >
    > i am currently writting an extension for dreamweaver mx and i have one
    > question:
    >
    > I want to upload automatically a .js file (eg: myfile.js) to a directory on a
    > remote server when I use my new "insertbar style" extension for the first time.
    > The remote server is the one defined in my site (my ftp development server).
    >
    > How can i put files on the remote server?
    Take a look in the API docs for site.put()

    --
    Danilo Celic
    | Extending Knowledge, Daily [url]http://CommunityMX.com/[/url]
    danilocelic *TMM* Guest

  3. #3

    i have already checked this function, but i don't really understand how it
    works:

    site.put() takes only one argument, the location of the file to upload, and
    omits the destination.
    Destination is provided by the user, selecting a folder in the file panel...
    I don't want the user to interact in this processus, i just want to upload my
    file automatically to a preset location on the remote server.

    bricedenice42 Guest

  4. #4

    bricedenice42 wrote:
    > site.put() takes only one argument, the location of the file to upload, and
    > omits the destination.
    The destination is the associated location based on where it is at
    within the current site. For example, if the file within the site
    locally is at:
    /admin/scripts/myFile.js
    then it will get uploaded to the same place within the remote site.
    > Destination is provided by the user, selecting a folder in the file panel...
    > I don't want the user to interact in this processus, i just want to upload my
    > file automatically to a preset location on the remote server.
    Sounds to me that you have to copy the file into their site in the
    folder they specified, then upload the file using site.put(), it will
    get uploaded to the appropriate place in the remote site. If you do not
    want to have a local copy of the file, then after the PUT delete the
    file with DWfile.remove()

  5. #5

    thank you!
    bricedenice42 Guest