Professional Web Applications Themes

How useful is any template? - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Hi, II have a doubt in templates in MX . In my left navigation bar, I have links for 10 pages. When a particular page is opened the link tag should be removed for the Link to that particular page. In all the pages the links for the pages are disabled for the particular page. I hope you understand what I am trying to say. Sample : tees4you.com But how can I do this with a template if the changing text is there in all the pages even in the navigation part? Kindly pls advice! Thanks alot, Regards, Benny macronimous.com...

  1. #1

    Default How useful is any template?

    Hi,

    II have a doubt in templates in MX . In my left navigation bar, I have links
    for 10 pages. When a particular page is opened the link tag should be
    removed for the Link to that particular page.
    In all the pages the links for the pages are disabled for the particular
    page. I hope you understand what I am trying to say. Sample : tees4you.com
    But how can I do this with a template if the changing text is there in all
    the pages even in the navigation part?

    Kindly pls advice!

    Thanks alot,
    Regards,
    Benny
    macronimous.com

    Benny Alexander Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: How useful is any template?

    No. I don't.

    I have used templates which has no change in links. But this is new to me.
    Its eacting my time if I do not use templates.

    I will try that book. Thansk a lot.

    Benny

    "DiMa" <dianaYOURHATANDCOATdimadesign.net> wrote in message
    > Don't doubt the templates, doubt your experience :) Then go by Dreamweaver
    MX
    > Templates by Brad Halstead and Murray Summers. You can also have a look at
    the
    > companion site for the book: [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url]
    >
    > I've just completed a template for my site redesign, if you'd like to have
    > look: [url]www.flyingtigerwebdesign.com[/url] All of the pages are there, but only a
    few
    > have the content in them. Still, take a look around...click on links and
    see
    > for yourself what DW Templates can do. And while you're looking around,
    keep
    > this in mind: These pages are all different, all have submenus,
    breadcrumbs,
    > different images...you name it, and they were all made with ONE TEMPLATE.
    > That's it.
    >
    > [url]http://www.flyingtigerwebdesign.com/[/url]
    >
    > Go buy the book and you'll be pleased that you did!! :)
    >
    > --
    > --
    > DiMa
    > --------------------
    > WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to
    your
    > posts:
    > [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    > For Answers, check here first:

    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea v[/url]
    er
    > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    > [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]
    >
    > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    > DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    > [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]
    >

    > "Benny Alexander" <ag_BennyREMOVETHISYahoo-Remove_This.com> wrote in
    message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > II have a doubt in templates in MX . In my left navigation bar, I have
    links
    > > for 10 pages. When a particular page is opened the link tag should be
    > > removed for the Link to that particular page.
    > > In all the pages the links for the pages are disabled for the particular
    > > page. I hope you understand what I am trying to say. Sample :
    tees4you.com
    > > But how can I do this with a template if the changing text is there in
    all
    > > the pages even in the navigation part?
    > >
    > > Kindly pls advice!
    > >
    > > Thanks alot,
    > > Regards,
    > > Benny
    > > macronimous.com

    Benny Alexander Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks Alan. Great support.

    Wishes,
    Benny
    "Alan Ames" <bluformdude.com> wrote in message
    > suggest-- visit their website, [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url]
    >
    > and read the tutorial on setting down states for navigation bars in
    > templates.
    >
    > use the same kinds of ideas for not wrapping your text links with a href
    > tags. Or leaving the link tags, but having the link url change to a null
    > link when your on that page.
    >

    > > No. I don't.
    > >
    > > I have used templates which has no change in links. But this is new to
    me.
    > > Its eacting my time if I do not use templates.
    > >
    > > I will try that book. Thansk a lot.
    >
    > --
    > Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver
    > Certified Dreamweaver MX Developer

    Benny Alexander Guest