I have a client whose site I have maintained for several years. The site has
one directory that is password protected using htaccess.

Client has recently installed Contribute CS3 in order to carry out everyday
maintenance. Everything worked fine with her connection to the site with me as
administrator (using Dreamweaver V8)

Client requested new password for protected directory and I changed as per
usual (uploading via Dreamweaver)

However, new password was not being recognised and after a couple of
unsuccessful attempts at deleting and recreating htaccess and htpasswd via my
normal way in DW, I tried FTP via IE7. Deleted the files and uploaded new ones.

Still cannot access the protected directory using the new password.

Is this problem being caused by the Contribute connection and if so, what do I
have to do to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any advice

jeni