help-->using dreamweaver for details. You need to "define a site" to an empty local folder. Fill in the "Remote Site" ftp details. open the F8 Site Manager window. Select all the remote files, and click GET. Also, I downloaded Contribute 3[quote] > because I had been told by Macromedia that Contribute 2 does not permits HTML > editing. However, even there, that does not seem to be true. > > All I want to do is add a Google search feature to the bottom of each of our > Web pages, except the homepage. This ought to be a very simple process.[/quote] In Contribute 3, IF you are the Admin or IF your usergroup has been given the rights, you can Edit Source. It opens the html source in an external application of your choice. contribute 2 didn't allow this, as far as i recall. A third option that might be possible- Does your hosting have anything like a Control Panel or CPanel? If yes, log into it. There will probably be a File Manager, and a part of that will allow online editing of the html files in a simple text editor. [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => Alan [ip] => dont_mail_me_pe [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 4 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> HTML coding - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

HTML coding - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

We are using Contribute 2, and want to add a Google search feature to one of our Web pages. Google has given us the html coding, but we cannot figure out how to view/change the HTML coding for the page, by adding what Google has given us. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks...

  1. #1

    Default HTML coding

    We are using Contribute 2, and want to add a Google search feature to one of
    our Web pages. Google has given us the html coding, but we cannot figure out
    how to view/change the HTML coding for the page, by adding what Google has
    given us.

    Your help would be appreciated.

    Thanks

    Timothy D. Naegele Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: HTML coding

    contribute 2 doesn't really offer any easy way to do this afaik.
    It would involve opening a page to edit, saving as a draft, then opening the
    page in notepad or something.

    then going back to contribute and hoping it publishes it as is after
    dismissing nag screens and error screens probably.

    do you have a dreamweaver user available at all?
    Or maybe grab a copy of the 30 day trail version of dw?

    It wouldn't hurt to use Dw to make a local backup archive of the site files.
    One weakness with contribute only sites is it's only on the server.
    If hoster goes down or other problem, site is gone.

    Alan Guest

  4. #4

    \
    > Thanks for your comments. First, I downloaded DreamWeaver; however, how do I
    > "copy" our site from the Web, and save it?
    refer to the dw menu-->help-->using dreamweaver for details.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Edit HTML coding?

    I had a similar problem with trying to insert a statcounter code. I found the
    simplest way was by using a program called Terrapin FTP. This allows you to
    download a site or individual pages in their html code. You can then insert the
    code and upload the revised page with Terrapin FTP. It is very simple to use.
    When I got it, they had a free trial period.

    Trevor Heath Guest