Professional Web Applications Themes

* HTML HELP!! * - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Hey guys, If any of you guys know HTML or about web designing, please help...thanks. Okay, here's my question: I'm designing a website right now. Everything was looking good untill i previewed my site. My computer screen resolution is set to 1024 x 768 pixels and i'm using Dreamweaver MX to build the site. Okay, when i previewed the web page and maximized the screen of my broswer window, all the images just expanded! I didn't want that to happen cause it messed up the layout look. Then, when i minimized the screen, the web page made the images look ...

  1. #1

    Default * HTML HELP!! *

    Hey guys,
    If any of you guys know HTML or about web designing, please help...thanks.

    Okay, here's my question:
    I'm designing a website right now. Everything was looking good untill i previewed my site. My computer screen resolution is set to 1024 x 768 pixels and i'm using Dreamweaver MX to build the site.
    Okay, when i previewed the web page and maximized the screen of my broswer window, all the images just expanded! I didn't want that to happen cause it messed up the layout look. Then, when i minimized the screen, the web page made the images look all scrunched together. *sigh*
    In most webpages, when you enlarge the broswer window, it doesn't mess up the layout. Example: voiceacting.co.uk. or even this site - when you maximize the screen, the layouts still the same, also even when you minimize it.
    I guess what i'm saying is, is there any HTML code for the problem i'm having? Or is there anyway to keep the web site window so the user can't expand to view it larger??
    Please help! Thank you so much in!

    -Noel

    Niko2003 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re:* HTML HELP!! *

    Make sure you set your image width and heights in pixels, not percent.

    Do this for tables also. For example, instead of using width="100%", use something like width="760". That will keep the table at a fixed width.

    dot365 Guest

  4. #4

    How are are pictures placed on the page. do you have them in a table with predetermined widths... Or are they sitting on the page with no formatting.
    Try placing a table > left format > select width > place images in table. eg 3 images in a table 1 column three rows with all images formatted left. when the page is expanded the images stay to the left giving a little white space to the right

    lostaussie Guest

  5. #5

    "Niko2003" com wrote:

    broswer window, all the images just expanded!

    I don't think the *images* expanded. Maybe the space between them?

    I didn't want that to happen cause it messed up the layout look. Then,
    when i minimized the screen, the web page made the images look all
    scrunched together. *sigh*
    mess up the layout. Example: voiceacting.co.uk. or even this site - when
    you maximize the screen, the layouts still the same, also even when you
    minimize it.
    i'm having? Or is there anyway to keep the web site window so the user
    can't expand to view it larger??

    Go here:
    http://thepattysite.com/window_sizes1.cfm

    --
    Dan Vendel - *GOF*
    http://www.vendel.info

    Dan Guest

  6. #6

    I am just here browsing....not an expert, but...does the "No Wrap" thingy in tables have soemthing to do with what he's talking about? I don't know..

    Melissa
    melissa61 Guest

  7. #7

    Default Re: Re:* HTML HELP!! *

    Melissa:

    No.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575

    "melissa61" <com> wrote in message
    in tables have soemthing to do with what he's talking about? I don't know..

    Murray Guest

  8. #8

    "No Wrap" merely prevents content within a table cell from wrapping to a
    second line.

    "melissa61" <com> wrote in message
    in tables have soemthing to do with what he's talking about? I don't know..

    Les Guest