Professional Web Applications Themes

http tunneling not working well. - Macromedia Flash Flashcom

Hello all. Well, the story goes like this: I've been making flash games and application for 7 years now (long live flash 3!!), and in the past year I've been working allot with the media server (started with communication server). I have made several chat application, several video chat and streaming applications, and several multiplayer game, all using the media server. Now we want to extend out hand out to people behind a proxy (who doesn't want to play in the office??!!, good thing I have this job, I get to play most of my day...), but, tests I have ...

  1. #1

    Default http tunneling not working well.

    Hello all.
    Well, the story goes like this:
    I've been making flash games and application for 7 years now (long live flash
    3!!), and in the past year I've been working allot with the media server
    (started with communication server).
    I have made several chat application, several video chat and streaming
    applications, and several multiplayer game, all using the media server.
    Now we want to extend out hand out to people behind a proxy (who doesn't want
    to play in the office??!!, good thing I have this job, I get to play most of my
    day...), but, tests I have made to use http tunneling didn't seem to work. I
    have been able to connect my application with the http tunneling connection
    alright, but other from my office who are behind a proxy were not able to
    connect. I sent them to do the test on this site
    ([url]http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_16466[/url]) and
    they all failed there too. I've sent other friends from other offices to do the
    test (I thought it was a problem with our proxy - "ccproxy") but again, they
    all failed the test... so...?? what the deal?? does this work in any way or on
    any machine?? did any one found a way to make this work? will our http blocked
    and backed up behind a proxy friend will be able to play some games with me on
    my application some day??
    Would appreciate any tip some one could spare on this mystery.

    Thanks.

    Yuval Lahav.

    yuvallahav Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: http tunneling not working well.

    I'm having the same problem. I built this great streaming application but
    nobody can see it outside the school. Of course ports 1935 and 80 are open.

    I tried tunneling through port 80 as well (RMTPT), but that didn't work.
    I tryed editing my Adapter.xml file also, but no luck.

    I don't know where to go from here, so any help would be nice. Thanks.

    bthomas311 Guest

  3. #3

    Something tells me this has to do with network and proxy settings that FMS has
    no control of. I would be checking with the people in charge of the network to
    see why the traffic is being blocked.

    As for the ports, the defaults for rtmp and rtmpt are 1935 and 80
    respectively. rtmpts defaults to 443. 1111 is for the admin service.

    You can bind FMS/FCS t whatever ports you want to... those are just the
    defaults.

    1935

    JayCharles Guest

  4. #4

    The proxy settings are the only thing I'm unsure about. I will have to check.

    What do I do if they do have proxy enabled?
    bthomas311 Guest

  5. #5

    Well... all users will need a keep alive connection to the server, and will
    need to be able to transmit rtmp (not tunneling) and http (tunneling) data over
    that keep alive connection.

    So, tell your network administrator that your clients will need to make a
    keep-alive connection on either ports 80 or 1935 (or ideally, both), and will
    need to be able to both send and receive rtmp and http packets over those ports.

    You might also need to have your network admin set up some forwarding for you.
    If the machine your FMS does not have it's own public IP address or connections
    are not being forwarded from the network server/router, the connections just
    die at the server/router.

    JayCharles Guest

  6. #6

    We're having a similar problem.

    Tunnelling does not seem to work if port 1935 is blocked. I have port 80 open,
    but requests don't ever seem to get made here.

    We have tried the macromedia sample apps, and it's the same thing.

    Does anyone have any insight into getting Flash Media apps to work for clients
    behind firewalls blocking port 1935?

    bryanmahoney Guest