Professional Web Applications Themes

http://www.dp-now.com/cgi-bin/forum/forum.pl/read/9984 - Photography

Sounds like the editor believes what he reads....

  1. #1

    Default Re: http://www.dp-now.com/cgi-bin/forum/forum.pl/read/9984

    Sounds like the editor believes what he reads.

    Miro Guest

  2. #2

    im talking about waiting 3 days to see what happens, not 3 years :)

    if they suddenly decide to bring out a 1.0-1.3x cropped dslr with quicker
    shutter/buffer response for around a 10d's price, thatd be a nice (wishful
    thinking) surprise, if they dont then ill snap up a 10d :)

    "snaps!" <com.au> wrote in message
    > is?
    >
    >[/ref]

    reg-john Guest

  3. #3

    "reg-john" <com> wrote in message

    They might have a 1.3x crop factor DSLR, or they might have a higher
    resolution DSLR, or they might have a faster FPS DSLR, but I doubt they'll
    have them all in one package. A combination of the lot would be
    extraordinarily expensive....

    My guess is either
    1> an EOS3-specced digital camera with a 1.3x crop factor (this has been
    confirmed by someone who has been right MONTHS before the release date of
    both the 1Ds and the 10D, and he's an Aussie from the dpreview forums, named
    Paul Pope).

    2> An entry level DSLR

    3> a replacement for the EOS 1D, as it is still quite competitive in the
    journalism corner of the market, but could do with an upgrade to match or
    beat the Nikon D2h.

    Ubiquitous Guest

  4. #4

    "Warren Prasek" <newsgroupspam at deletethisbit dot wprasek dotcom> wrote in
    message news:3f3f2810$0$4189$optusnet.com.au...
    despite

    Paul Pope did mention an EOS-3 specced DSLR back in April/Mayish, with an
    expected release date of September...

    Ubiquitous Guest

  5. #5

    I mentioned in response to another post that a Canon rep mentioned last week
    that Canon will be releasing a sub $2000 pro DSLR body by Christmas. Wonder
    if this has anything to do with that??

    Audrey

    "Warren Prasek" <newsgroupspam at deletethisbit dot wprasek dotcom> wrote in
    message news:3f3f2810$0$4189$optusnet.com.au...
    despite

    Audrey Guest

  6. #6

    "Audrey" <scotiablue at optusnet dot com dot au> wrote in message
    week
    Wonder

    Canon is killing the opposition in revenue and volume. There is no reason
    for cheaper bodies to take a long time to appear.

    Miro Guest

  7. #7

    " Miro" <com> wrote in message news:<3f3f8b9a$0$28123$optusnet.com.au>...
    > week
    > Wonder
    >
    > Canon is killing the opposition in revenue and volume. There is no reason
    > for cheaper bodies to take a long time to appear.[/ref]

    The new Nikon D2H will knock the Canon for a six. The specs are
    outstanding. I know I will be getting one as soon as I can.
    Vince Guest

  8. #8

    of course you realise the D2H is merely catching up the 1D which is over 2
    years old, which is a looong time in the digital camera world. yes it
    surpasses it in several key areas which is good for competition, but...

    canon are announcing the successor to the 1D in a couple of days (the 20th
    of august, US time)... you can bet that will keep canon a year or two in
    front of nikon- think 8 or 9mp at 8fps! the D2H won't look so hot then.

    but ultimately it's good to see nikon trying to keep up, as it keeps the
    pressure on canon to keep innovating (eg IS, USM, CMOS technologies which
    nikon is now belatedly copying) plus lower prices.

    =======================
    warren prasek
    http://www.wprasek.com
    web design | interactive media | photography
    Brisbane, Australia

    Warren Guest

  9. #9

    OK before i get flamed i take back what i just said, the rumoured canon 1Dx
    is still vapourware, actually it's even less than that, it hasn't been
    announced yet, but it's almost certain to be "tangible" like the D2H
    (officially announced, yet to ship) in a couple of days. until then, the D2H
    has the best specs in its class (PJ shooting).

    if the 1Dx does deliver 8fps 8-9mp it will be in a class of its own like
    the 1Ds. how much it will cost, however, is another matter. interesting
    times.

    =======================

  10. #10

    "Warren Prasek" <newsgroupspam at deletethisbit dot wprasek dotcom> wrote in
    message news:3f4079b6$0$4192$optusnet.com.au...

    I'll be the first to admit that if Canon can do 8-9mp at 8fps with a *decent
    buffer* that'll be highly impressive. That said, shooting motorsports with
    nearly 1000 pics per day I wouldn't want that sort of filesize. I think it's
    more realistic that Canon will make it not far off it's current resolution
    as I think people want other things than more pixels for sports shooting and
    if it is 8-9mp I think it'd be getting a bit close the stealing the thunder
    of the 1Ds.

    We'll find out soon though I'm sure :)

    The D2H is significant as it's got a CMOS style sensor and still has 8fps
    which is why Canon went to CCD for their 1D when they made it.

    And the 40frame buffer doesn't hurt :) But I already have that with D1h.

    I do expect Canon to better the D2H but it doesn't change the fact that the
    D2H will be a very nice piece of kit. I'm getting superb results already
    from my D1h, and the D2H improves on speed, noise, dynamic range etc.

    I'll be waiting to see the specs of the D2x first, but I'll likely end up
    with D2h. If the D1h did long exposures ok I probably wouldn't even bother
    upgrading (I recently sold D100).

    Gav

    Gavin Guest

  11. #11