(when the value is zero, units are not required) you could also try body { margin: 0 0 0 0; padding:0; } or body { margin: 0; padding:0; } as a shorthand method. This will take care of the margins in IE4+ and NN6. To take care of NN4x, you will need to use MODIFY | Page Properties... and set the two right hand margin fields (marginwidth and marginheight) to 0 (only in DMX and below). Since you are still using inline margin specs in the body tag, this method won't validate (and is not easy to do in DMX2004). To get completely valid code that works for all browsers in any version of DW, change your stylesheet as shown below - body { padding: 0; margin: 0 -10px 0 -10px; /*/*/margin: 0 0 0 0; /* */ } (this is called a CSS "hack" - the bottom line is not read by NN4x) -- Murray --- ICQ 71997575 Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!) ================== [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url] - Template Triage! [url]http://www.projectseven.com/go[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources [url]http://www.dwfaq.com[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/[/url] - Macromedia (MM) Technotes ================== "Robsix6" wrote in message news:d8po6n$5vg$1@forums.macromedia.com...[quote] > So I have my navbar created in fireworks and it works fine, its just that > I > cannot get to line up on the left side of the browser... > > There is always just a little space there, and I have set the align > property > to left, and have even tried sticking the image into a paragraph and > aligning > that to the left, but alas no effort is rewarded. > > I have designed a jpg picture in photoshop to do the same thing and it > goes to > the left side of the screen, I would just rather do this with fireworks. > > Thanks >[/quote] [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => Murray *TMM* [ip] => forums@HAHAgrea [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 2 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> I cannot get a png file to align all the way to left ofthe browser - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

I cannot get a png file to align all the way to left ofthe browser - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

So I have my navbar created in fireworks and it works fine, its just that I cannot get to line up on the left side of the browser... There is always just a little space there, and I have set the align property to left, and have even tried sticking the image into a paragraph and aligning that to the left, but alas no effort is rewarded. I have designed a jpg picture in photoshop to do the same thing and it goes to the left side of the screen, I would just rather do this with fireworks. Thanks...

  1. #1

    Default I cannot get a png file to align all the way to left ofthe browser

    So I have my navbar created in fireworks and it works fine, its just that I
    cannot get to line up on the left side of the browser...

    There is always just a little space there, and I have set the align property
    to left, and have even tried sticking the image into a paragraph and aligning
    that to the left, but alas no effort is rewarded.

    I have designed a jpg picture in photoshop to do the same thing and it goes to
    the left side of the screen, I would just rather do this with fireworks.

    Thanks

    Robsix6 Guest

  2. #2

    > So I have my navbar created in fireworks and it works fine, its just that
    > cannot get to line up on the left side of the browser...
    The pop-up menus?

    For page alignment, try this -

    Link to an external stylesheet (using DW's CSS editor), or embed a
    stylesheet in your code (between <head> and </head>) with the following
    style in it (embedded shown for cut-n-paste convenience) (assuming you want
    zero margins) -

    <!--
    body { margin-top: 0; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: 0;
    padding:0; }
    -->
    (when the value is zero, units are not required)

    you could also try

    body { margin: 0 0 0 0; padding:0; }

    or

    body { margin: 0; padding:0; }

    as a shorthand method.

    This will take care of the margins in IE4+ and NN6. To take care of NN4x,
    you will need to use MODIFY | Page Properties... and set the two right hand
    margin fields (marginwidth and marginheight) to 0 (only in DMX and below).

    Since you are still using inline margin specs in the body tag, this method
    won't validate (and is not easy to do in DMX2004). To get completely valid
    code that works for all
    browsers in any version of DW, change your stylesheet as shown below -

    body {
    padding: 0;
    margin: 0 -10px 0 -10px;
    /*/*/margin: 0 0 0 0; /* */
    }
    (this is called a CSS "hack" - the bottom line is not read by NN4x)

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Robsix6" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > So I have my navbar created in fireworks and it works fine, its just that
    > cannot get to line up on the left side of the browser...
    >
    > There is always just a little space there, and I have set the align
    > property
    > to left, and have even tried sticking the image into a paragraph and
    > aligning
    > that to the left, but alas no effort is rewarded.
    >
    > I have designed a jpg picture in photoshop to do the same thing and it
    > goes to
    > the left side of the screen, I would just rather do this with fireworks.
    >
    > Thanks

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  3. #3

    Hey thanks, that worked right away.

    I am having difficulty taking advantage of both CSS sheets and Templates... do
    you know where I can learn about them? I have viewed the on demand and the
    tutorials but still don't understand them in their entirity.

    again, thanks

    Robsix6 Guest

  5. #5

    There are some excellent CSS tutorials by Adrian Senior on the Macromedia
    Developer site (go to [url]http://www.macromedia.com[/url] and surf into the site from
    that point). There are also excellent tutorials about specific aspects of
    CSS on the PVII site ([url]http://www.projectseven.com/[/url]) and the CommunityMX site
    ([url]http://www.communitymx.com[/url]). There are comprehensive tutorials here -
    [url]http://www.w3schools.com[/url].

    For DW templates, there are not many resources, other than these forums (the
    DW one would be better for this). Post your question and see what
    happens....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575

    > Hey thanks, that worked right away.
    >
    > I am having difficulty taking advantage of both CSS sheets and
    > Templates... do
    > you know where I can learn about them? I have viewed the on demand and the
    > tutorials but still don't understand them in their entirity.
    >
    > again, thanks

    Murray *TMM* Guest