Professional Web Applications Themes

i couldn;t found NIC - Linux / Unix Administration

i am newbie to solaris8 i couldn;t found NIC in my intel machine ther isn;t any elxl0 or rtls0 in /dev so wot can i do plz help...

  1. #1

    Default i couldn;t found NIC

    i am newbie to solaris8
    i couldn;t found NIC in my intel machine
    ther isn;t any elxl0 or rtls0 in /dev
    so wot can i do
    plz help

    CP Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: i couldn;t found NIC

    On 20 Mar 2006 10:32:01 -0800, CP <com> wrote:

    man ifconfig

    By the way, if you would write with sentences and something showing
    you're exerting effort, that might help you get better answers.

    Dave Guest

  3. #3

    In article <net>,
    Dave Hinz <net> wrote:

    > man ifconfig
    >
    > By the way, if you would write with sentences and something showing
    > you're exerting effort, that might help you get better answers.[/ref]

    Give him a break, he's obviously not fluent in English.

    --
    Barry Margolin, mit.edu
    Arlington, MA

  4. #4

    guys can u just help me out!
    thanks

    CP Guest

  5. #5

    On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 20:36:23 -0500, Barry Margolin <mit.edu> wrote:

    >> man ifconfig
    >>
    >> By the way, if you would write with sentences and something showing
    >> you're exerting effort, that might help you get better answers.[/ref]
    >
    > Give him a break, he's obviously not fluent in English.[/ref]

    Obviously. But Barry, can you tell me please, in which language do they
    not use the shift key, punctuation, and where "wot" and "plz" are words?

    Dave Guest

  6. #6

    in sadi language i think you should know that

    CP Guest

  7. #7

  8. #8

    CP wrote:

    You already got the best answer so I will repeat it: man ifconfig

    Doug Guest

  9. #9

    Barry Margolin wrote:

    >>man ifconfig
    >>
    >>By the way, if you would write with sentences and something showing
    >>you're exerting effort, that might help you get better answers.[/ref]
    >

    > Give him a break, he's obviously not fluent in English.[/ref]

    So? That's his problem. He's on a newsgroup where most of the people in
    a position to assist him are fluent in English. If he wants help, he
    would do well to speak to them in a reasonably correct manner in their
    language. Think of it this way: he's attempting to interface to a large
    database of knowledge that uses English as its communication protocol.
    Using some other protocol will result in limited results and degraded
    performance.

    com
    Andrew Guest

  10. #10

    In article <newsguy.com>, Andrew <com>
    wrote:

    > > Give him a break, he's obviously not fluent in English.[/ref]
    >
    > So? That's his problem. He's on a newsgroup where most of the people in
    > a position to assist him are fluent in English. If he wants help, he
    > would do well to speak to them in a reasonably correct manner in their
    > language. Think of it this way: he's attempting to interface to a large
    > database of knowledge that uses English as its communication protocol.
    > Using some other protocol will result in limited results and degraded
    > performance.[/ref]

    All of us should be clever enough to be able to decipher broken English.

    Cn you nderstnd ths? Thn u prolly dont ned him 2 rite perfekt Inglish.

    --
    Barry Margolin, mit.edu
    Arlington, MA

  11. #11

    On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 21:17:47 -0500, Barry Margolin <mit.edu> wrote:

    (shrug) I was trying to explain to the guy that, whoever told him "u"
    and so on would be effective ways to communicate, was wrong. Obviously
    he knows the right words and has chosen, for whatever reason, not to use
    them. In a field where precise use of characters and punctuation is
    somewhat important,

    nevermind. Feel free to handhold him. He's all yours.

    Dave Guest

  12. #12

    Dave Hinz wrote: [/ref]

    While common texting on cellphones and IM, it is not common here.

    Context *matters*. Context includes the tradations of a
    group. The tradition on all of UseNet going back decades
    is to write words out. Another tradition on all of UseNet
    is to lurk for a while to be able to figure that and other
    common practices out.

    Not only did the OP not do that, when the man page was
    offered as an answer it doesn't appear the OP read it. Yet
    the man page was to the command that would tell him what
    he wanted to know. None are so blind as those who will
    not see.

    Doug Guest