Professional Web Applications Themes

I dont know hoe to make a scroll bar - Macromedia Dreamweaver

today is my first day using html. I am making a web page in dreamweaver and need to make a scrollbar for some images on the bottom of the page. please help me! thank you Dafna...

  1. #1

    Default I dont know hoe to make a scroll bar

    dafnabru webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: I dont know how to make a scroll bar

    insert your images onto the page and the browser will detect the the page length and implement a scroll abr accordingly.
    Similarly you did not mention if the images are directly on the webpage or inside a frame.

    lostaussie webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    thanks for your answer. The thing is that I only want the scrollbar to move some images on the bottom of the page, not all the page. I dont know how to work with frames, maybe that would be good?

    dafnabru webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    Sorry took so long to reply, the boos expects me to work. Ok
    Go to insert - frames - bottom
    now just use the frame as you would a nomal page. the scroll bar will click in when you have dropped the images in.

    lostaussie webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  5. #5

    "dafnabru" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > thanks for your answer. The thing is that I only want the scrollbar to move some images on the bottom of the page, not all the page. I dont know how to work with frames, maybe that would be good?

    dafna,

    *Don't* start using frames unless you *know* what you're up against. You
    will acounter so much problems later on that they will likely drive you
    nuts. Keep your eye at this forum for a while, and you'll see that the
    vast majority of problems beginners have origins from the (mis-) use of
    frames.

    If you're a beginner, accept that you can't perform every stunt in the
    book from day one. Start by creating a regular page with the images.
    Look up tutorials (Google search), buy a book, ask here. Do anything -
    just don't start off with a frameset.

    Then, when you think you're getting a hang of it, you can start
    implementing scrolling layers or iframes or whatever you want to make
    areas on a page scroll.

    HTH

    --
    Dan Vendel - *GOF*
    [url]http://www.vendel.info[/url]

    Dan Vendel *GOF* Guest

  6. #6

    "acounter" was a word I didn't mean to invent. I meant "encounter"

  7. #7

    Lyda.com's book H-O-T for DWMX covers this subject very well. I couldn't do
    frames without it. You might find info on her site: [url]www.lynda.com[/url]
    ETC

    "Dan Vendel *GOF*" <see_my_signature__the_bottom_of_the_post.com> wrote in
    message news:bfuga5$g2$5forums.macromedia.com...
    > "dafnabru" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    >
    > > thanks for your answer. The thing is that I only want the scrollbar to
    move some images on the bottom of the page, not all the page. I dont know
    how to work with frames, maybe that would be good?

    > dafna,
    >
    > *Don't* start using frames unless you *know* what you're up against. You
    > will acounter so much problems later on that they will likely drive you
    > nuts. Keep your eye at this forum for a while, and you'll see that the
    > vast majority of problems beginners have origins from the (mis-) use of
    > frames.
    >
    > If you're a beginner, accept that you can't perform every stunt in the
    > book from day one. Start by creating a regular page with the images.
    > Look up tutorials (Google search), buy a book, ask here. Do anything -
    > just don't start off with a frameset.
    >
    > Then, when you think you're getting a hang of it, you can start
    > implementing scrolling layers or iframes or whatever you want to make
    > areas on a page scroll.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > --
    > Dan Vendel - *GOF*
    > [url]http://www.vendel.info[/url]
    > Contact me directly by clicking here:
    > [url]http://contact.vendel.info[/url]
    > Formmail tutorial:
    > [url]http://www.vendel.info/tut/formmail.html[/url]
    > Nested table demonstration:
    > [url]http://www.vendel.info/tabletut/[/url]

    E. T. Culling Guest

  8. #8

    Sorry about the previous message i did not have DW open. here is th correct way. just to see the difference in what you are doing

    1) open page, change background to a different colour
    2) insert - frame- top
    save frameset No.? whatever you want

    you will see the frame is white and the bottom is the colour you set.
    to make the frame larger or smaller move the grey bar in the centre to the designated position.
    the bottom frame is your original fram work with as a normal page and the images and scroll as you please. disregard the previous reply

    lostaussie webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  9. #9

    Hi, thank you very much for your answer. I am having problems with these frames... How do I save it as an html doent? I save and then I only see the frame and not all the page. I also want my background picture to be background also for the frame on the bottom. Am I asking for too much? ;) Maybe a frame is not the best option for what I want. I need to place some thumbnails in the bottom of the page that are too much for them to enter on the main page, thats why I need a scroll.
    Thank you!!! And I hope I didnt get too complicated
    sincerely

  10. #10

    Ok lets try again :)
    On a previous project I had to place small amounts of thumbnails on a page as navigation. This is how i got around the problem.
    First i placed a script called cut and paste 3 way. Here is the address. try it and you will find that is more helpful than you thought

    [url]http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/cutindex21.shtml[/url]
    play around with it and develop your style
    i added links from my images to pages on my site.
    Credit for script: Suzanne Arnold

    lostaussie webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  11. #11

    I am sorry but I dont find what I want!
    I am searching everywhere...
    The thing is that I made a webpage in flash and now I want to make the html version. Can you please take a look at the site [url]www.yossisudri.com[/url] and go to "fashion". There is a scroll in the bottom. That is what I'm looking to make in html.
    Thank you a million times!
    I hope you dont hate me after so many times :)

    dafnabru webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  12. #12

    Check out the Horizontal (and Vertical) Scroller extensions at [url]http://www.projectseven.com/extensions/index.htm[/url]

    --

    Dave
    If I were half as smart as people think I am...

  13. #13

    BTW...

    I think the problem was the terminology...

    A "scrollbar" is the part of the browser that allows the visitor to scroll the page.
    You were looking for a "scroller" (some folks call it different things)

    No worries though :)

    --

  14. #14

    OK as someone has alredy noted you want an image scroller- (not scrollbar)
    For a basic look go to websites that run javascripts such as [url]www.javascriptkit.com[/url] and look at image scrollers. They all come in simple forms, it is up to you use you imagination to creat the desired effect. Have you created the gifs for your scroller, if not do it before you begin using the script. The website you directed me to has two gifs per scroll one that is clear and the other is the same gif with an opacity layer. mouse off = clear.gif mouse over=clear1.gif

    lostaussie webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest