Professional Web Applications Themes

I get a blank/black screen - Macromedia Flash Player

I hope someone can help. I have had no problems with Gameday on MLB's site until now. I know that Flash is installed because I saw it on the computer but when I click on Gameday the window opens and acts as if it is opening but then it says done and the window is just black. I had a problem last week where I had to uninstall my drivers and then when I restarted they reinstalled themselves so has this affected Flash player?? Do I need to reinstall it?? I need to fix this problem or my husband is ...

  1. #1

    Default I get a blank/black screen

    I hope someone can help. I have had no problems with Gameday on MLB's site
    until now. I know that Flash is installed because I saw it on the computer but
    when I click on Gameday the window opens and acts as if it is opening but then
    it says done and the window is just black. I had a problem last week where I
    had to uninstall my drivers and then when I restarted they reinstalled
    themselves so has this affected Flash player?? Do I need to reinstall it?? I
    need to fix this problem or my husband is going to go nuts without Gameday.

    Foster_88 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: I get a blank/black screen

    Rats! I found this reference to a black GAMEDAY window and thought I'd find an
    answer. Anyone? It's always worked for me till I messed around with a bunch
    of stuff one day (IE, default progs,etc) and somehow ed it up!
    Am not married to Foster but am going nuts!
    Help!

    latrans91 Guest

  3. #3

    I had the same problem. I installed an older version of Macromedia Flash Player and it worked. I use Flash Player 7.
    Jeb52 Guest

  4. #4

    SUCCESS! Have brought back GAMEDAY screen by means of Main Strength and
    Awkwardness.
    First I followed the directions at the bottom of :
    Topic Title Installed but not installed
    Topic Summary flash player will not work
    Created On 09/14/2006 07:26:58 PM
    and uninstalled my version of flashplayer.
    then I TRIED to download and install version 7-- not clear on what happened,
    (and mlb claims, I think, they need FP8 at least for some of their screens).
    ANYWAY; at this point still no gameday and i managed to break my AUDIO access
    to games.
    Disgusted, I took a break for a midnight snack.
    When I got back their was a message claiming I needed to DOWNLOAD FLASH PLAYER
    9
    And i'm thinking "Jh christmas, that's how this all started...but oh Wot the
    hell, how much worse can it get than not working at all?"
    So I said, sure, lay it on me.
    And by gads if it didn't work.

    I think the significant part of all the flailing around I did was the
    THOROUGH REMOVAL OF FLASH PLAYER VERSION(S)
    Then, if you subscribe to GAMEDAY AUDIO, select it and let it kick off
    Download FP 9

    Aside: I was going to get a copy of Adobe photoshop, which used to be a great
    prog; but i've about decided these Adobe piple have got way too aggressive
    about trying to take over my hard disk, and this FLASH PLAYER deal has caused
    me more grief and has "procedures" more difficult to disentangle than any all
    the other programs I use put together (mlb.com is not the only website I use
    that has gagged on FLASHPLAYER)

    Anyway, how 'bout that Garciapara guy, ey?
    Hell of a week to have trouble getting my Ball fix.

    latrans91 Guest

  5. #5

    CAVEAT: Am not RECOMMENDING FP 9.
    It apparently still has problems playing nice with the other programs.

    But I can now get GAMEDAY screen and GAMEDAY AUDIO
    Good luck, Citizens of Cyberspace.
    rb

    latrans91 Guest