Professional Web Applications Themes

I got my new digital camera today - Photography

It does show more detail, but I think to show the 6.75mhz circle as it really is, you'd really need to use a pro 35mm camera because I just don't think any digital camera is good enough to do this job. If there was rock solid detail in the 6.75mhz circle, then a digital camera would show it, but there not rock solid detail, but it's not mush either so only a very good 35mm camera would probably show it as it actually is. This new camera is a lot better than the old HP Photosmart 120 though as these ...

  1. #1

    Default I got my new digital camera today

    It does show more detail, but I think to show the 6.75mhz circle as it
    really is, you'd really need to use a pro 35mm camera because I just
    don't think any digital camera is good enough to do this job.
    If there was rock solid detail in the 6.75mhz circle, then a digital
    camera would show it, but there not rock solid detail, but it's not
    mush either so only a very good 35mm camera would probably show it as
    it actually is.
    This new camera is a lot better than the old HP Photosmart 120 though
    as these pics show.
    It shows a lot better detail than the old camera.
    If you look really really carefull, you can see that the 6.75mhz
    circle is not total total mush and you can very very faintly makeout
    some detail.
    Most of these pics are over 1 meg in size and you'd probably have to
    copy and paste the url because the website uses anti-hotlinking
    measures.
    [url]http://www.fujifilm.com.sg/storage/photos/gigantor/HOME/9bab3719a4c788b25cc39d8b9f53fc6f/TEST1.jpg[/url]

    [url]http://www.fujifilm.com.sg/storage/photos/gigantor/HOME/9bab3719a4c788b25cc39d8b9f53fc6f/TEST2.jpg[/url]

    [url]http://www.fujifilm.com.sg/storage/photos/gigantor/HOME/9bab3719a4c788b25cc39d8b9f53fc6f/TEST3.jpg[/url]

    [url]http://www.fujifilm.com.sg/storage/photos/gigantor/HOME/9bab3719a4c788b25cc39d8b9f53fc6f/TEST4.jpg[/url]

    [url]http://www.fujifilm.com.sg/storage/photos/gigantor/HOME/9bab3719a4c788b25cc39d8b9f53fc6f/TEST5.jpg[/url]

    [url]http://www.fujifilm.com.sg/storage/photos/gigantor/HOME/9bab3719a4c788b25cc39d8b9f53fc6f/TEST6.jpg[/url]

    BTW, this is what it looks like when a monitor/tv and the dvd player
    source both pass the 6.75mhz test with flying colors(see the first pic
    at the link)
    [url]http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/brandspecific/toshiba/miscellaneous/540p_michaeltlv_jul02_pg1.html[/url]
    Jack White Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: I got my new digital camera today

    Jack White wrote:

    You don't have permission to access
    /storage/photos/gigantor/HOME/9bab3719a4c788b25cc39d8b9f53fc6f/TEST2.jpg
    on this server.
    --
    Paul. (This machine will, will not communicate)
    Not what it seems...

  3. #3

    In article <228e6376.0307101100.4c2713e4posting.google.com >,
    [email]jackwhitemy-deja.com[/email] says...
    > It does show more detail, but I think to show the 6.75mhz circle as it
    > really is, you'd really need to use a pro 35mm camera because I just
    > don't think any digital camera is good enough to do this job.

    Did I miss something? Why do you insist on testing the resolution of
    your camera by taking pictures of your TV? Is that what you bought a
    digital camera for?

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker

  4. #4

    why are you posting this in dbs.echostar
    "Todd Walker" <twalker294hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > In article <228e6376.0307101100.4c2713e4posting.google.com >,
    > [email]jackwhitemy-deja.com[/email] says...
    > > It does show more detail, but I think to show the 6.75mhz circle as it
    > > really is, you'd really need to use a pro 35mm camera because I just
    > > don't think any digital camera is good enough to do this job.
    > >

    > Did I miss something? Why do you insist on testing the resolution of
    > your camera by taking pictures of your TV? Is that what you bought a
    > digital camera for?
    >
    > --
    > ________________________________
    > Todd Walker
    > [url]http://twalker.d2g.com[/url]
    > Olympus E20
    > Canon G2
    > My Digital Photography Weblog:
    > [url]http://twalker.d2g.com/dpblog.htm[/url]
    > _________________________________

    Jim Guest

  5. #5

    Excuse me for asking, but why test your camera by taking a shot of a
    TV screen test. It seems that your TV may be part of the focus-test
    problem. My D60 seems make me want better quality lens because of the
    detail it shows compared to my ElanII body. I don't mean to start a
    discussion of film vs digital so back to your test results. Try
    shooting a high quality text image or something with crisp static
    lines rather than a projected image.

    If my comments are way off on what you meant... sorry
    ss

    [email]jackwhitemy-deja.com[/email] (Jack White) wrote in message news:<228e6376.0307101100.4c2713e4posting.google. com>...
    > It does show more detail, but I think to show the 6.75mhz circle as it
    > really is, you'd really need to use a pro 35mm camera because I just
    > don't think any digital camera is good enough to do this job.
    > If there was rock solid detail in the 6.75mhz circle, then a digital
    > camera would show it, but there not rock solid detail, but it's not
    > mush either so only a very good 35mm camera would probably show it as
    > it actually is.
    > This new camera is a lot better than the old HP Photosmart 120 though
    > as these pics show.
    > It shows a lot better detail than the old camera.
    > If you look really really carefull, you can see that the 6.75mhz
    > circle is not total total mush and you can very very faintly makeout
    > some detail.
    > Most of these pics are over 1 meg in size and you'd probably have to
    > copy and paste the url because the website uses anti-hotlinking
    > measures.
    > [url]http://www.fujifilm.com.sg/storage/photos/gigantor/HOME/9bab3719a4c788b25cc39d8b9f53fc6f/TEST1.jpg[/url]
    >
    > [url]http://www.fujifilm.com.sg/storage/photos/gigantor/HOME/9bab3719a4c788b25cc39d8b9f53fc6f/TEST2.jpg[/url]
    >
    > [url]http://www.fujifilm.com.sg/storage/photos/gigantor/HOME/9bab3719a4c788b25cc39d8b9f53fc6f/TEST3.jpg[/url]
    >
    > [url]http://www.fujifilm.com.sg/storage/photos/gigantor/HOME/9bab3719a4c788b25cc39d8b9f53fc6f/TEST4.jpg[/url]
    >
    > [url]http://www.fujifilm.com.sg/storage/photos/gigantor/HOME/9bab3719a4c788b25cc39d8b9f53fc6f/TEST5.jpg[/url]
    >
    > [url]http://www.fujifilm.com.sg/storage/photos/gigantor/HOME/9bab3719a4c788b25cc39d8b9f53fc6f/TEST6.jpg[/url]
    >
    > BTW, this is what it looks like when a monitor/tv and the dvd player
    > source both pass the 6.75mhz test with flying colors(see the first pic
    > at the link)
    > [url]http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/brandspecific/toshiba/miscellaneous/540p_michaeltlv_jul02_pg1.html[/url]
    Sam Guest

  6. #6

    Todd Walker <twalker294hotmail.com> writes:
    >Did I miss something? Why do you insist on testing the resolution of
    >your camera by taking pictures of your TV? Is that what you bought a
    >digital camera for?
    No, he's testing TVs, and wants to show the results of his TV tests.
    So he photographs the visual appearance of the test pattern on the TV
    screen. Unfortunately, his previous camera was *worse* than the TVs
    he's trying to test.

    Dave
    Dave Martindale Guest

  7. #7

    "Dave Martindale" <davemcs.ubc.ca> wrote in message
    > Todd Walker <twalker294hotmail.com> writes:
    >
    > >Did I miss something? Why do you insist on testing the resolution of
    > >your camera by taking pictures of your TV? Is that what you bought a
    > >digital camera for?
    >
    > No, he's testing TVs, and wants to show the results of his TV tests.
    > So he photographs the visual appearance of the test pattern on the TV
    > screen. Unfortunately, his previous camera was *worse* than the TVs
    > he's trying to test.
    >
    > Dave
    Still off topic here. ( alt.dbs.echostar )

    I miss ubc :)

    Rolly The Pervert Guest

  8. #8

    Jim wrote:

    > why are you posting this in dbs.echostar
    Todd is merely following the thread which is being sent to
    rec.photo.digital, alt.home-theater.misc, alt.dbs.echostar

    though why is anyone's guess

  9. #9

    Rolly The Pervert wrote:

    > "Dave Martindale" <davemcs.ubc.ca> wrote in message
    > > Todd Walker <twalker294hotmail.com> writes:
    > >
    > > >Did I miss something? Why do you insist on testing the resolution of
    > > >your camera by taking pictures of your TV? Is that what you bought a
    > > >digital camera for?
    > >
    > > No, he's testing TVs, and wants to show the results of his TV tests.
    > > So he photographs the visual appearance of the test pattern on the TV
    > > screen. Unfortunately, his previous camera was *worse* than the TVs
    > > he's trying to test.
    > >
    > > Dave
    > Still off topic here. ( alt.dbs.echostar )
    >
    > I miss ubc :)
    ah you love it really... thread is xposted to

  10. #10

    Paul Heslop <paul.heslopblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:<3F0DBA88.905258A3blueyonder.co.uk>...
    > Jack White wrote:
    > >

    > You don't have permission to access
    > /storage/photos/gigantor/HOME/9bab3719a4c788b25cc39d8b9f53fc6f/TEST2.jpg
    > on this server.
    You have to copy and paste the url into your url bar to defeat the
    anti-hotlinking measures.
    You copy and paste by holding the right button on your mouse and
    dragging the cursor over the url till the whole url is highlighted.
    After the url is highlighted, you hit control Cntrl and C to copy the
    url.
    Then you to to the url bar at the top of your browser, and delete
    everything from your url bar so that it's empty.
    Then you paste the url into the url bar by pressing Cntrl and V.
    Then you just hit Enter on your keyboard and you should be able to see
    the pic.
    Jack White Guest

  11. #11

    Todd Walker <twalker294hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.19777feebbf25e0798a323news-server.jam.rr.com>...
    > In article <228e6376.0307101100.4c2713e4posting.google.com >,
    > [email]jackwhitemy-deja.com[/email] says...
    > > It does show more detail, but I think to show the 6.75mhz circle as it
    > > really is, you'd really need to use a pro 35mm camera because I just
    > > don't think any digital camera is good enough to do this job.
    > >

    > Did I miss something? Why do you insist on testing the resolution of
    > your camera by taking pictures of your TV? Is that what you bought a
    > digital camera for?

    These kinds of pics of test patterns probably aren't even 1/10th of 1%
    of the pics I take with my digital camera.
    It's just that this is one of the toughest tests for any digital
    camera or camcorder so that's one of the reasons why I used it.

    > --
    > ________________________________
    > Todd Walker
    > [url]http://twalker.d2g.com[/url]
    > Olympus E20
    > Canon G2
    > My Digital Photography Weblog:
    > [url]http://twalker.d2g.com/dpblog.htm[/url]
    > _________________________________
    Jack White Guest

  12. #12

    "Rolly The Pervert" <tomsqdatabasix.com> wrote in message news:<bekloj$ebi$1blackhelicopter.databasix.com>. ..
    > "Dave Martindale" <davemcs.ubc.ca> wrote in message
    > > Todd Walker <twalker294hotmail.com> writes:
    > >
    > > >Did I miss something? Why do you insist on testing the resolution of
    > > >your camera by taking pictures of your TV? Is that what you bought a
    > > >digital camera for?
    > >
    > > No, he's testing TVs, and wants to show the results of his TV tests.
    > > So he photographs the visual appearance of the test pattern on the TV
    > > screen. Unfortunately, his previous camera was *worse* than the TVs
    > > he's trying to test.
    > >
    > > Dave
    > Still off topic here. ( alt.dbs.echostar )
    >
    > I miss ubc :)
    Have you been reading alt.dbs.echostar for long?
    They talk about Video Essentials, The Avia Disc, Sound & Vision Home
    Theater Tune-Up, ISF calibration, etc so often over there that you
    could change the name of that newsgroup to alt.tv-monitor.calibration.
    Everytime sombody says how much the picture quality on Echostar s,
    a bunch of people reply by saying stuff like "you need to turn the
    sharpness all the way down on your tv", "you need to hook up your
    reciever using S-Video or Component cables", "you need to buy Video
    Essentials to calibrate your tv properly", etc, etc.
    Jack White Guest

  13. #13

    In article <228e6376.0307101829.1618231dposting.google.com >,
    [email]jackwhitemy-deja.com[/email] (Jack White) wrote:
    > Todd Walker <twalker294hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > In article <228e6376.0307101100.4c2713e4posting.google.com >,
    > > [email]jackwhitemy-deja.com[/email] says...
    > > > It does show more detail, but I think to show the 6.75mhz circle as it
    > > > really is, you'd really need to use a pro 35mm camera because I just
    > > > don't think any digital camera is good enough to do this job.
    > > >

    > > Did I miss something? Why do you insist on testing the resolution of
    > > your camera by taking pictures of your TV? Is that what you bought a
    > > digital camera for?
    > >

    > These kinds of pics of test patterns probably aren't even 1/10th of 1%
    > of the pics I take with my digital camera.
    > It's just that this is one of the toughest tests for any digital
    > camera or camcorder so that's one of the reasons why I used it.
    I hate to pop your bubble, but a test pattern on a TV is NOT a difficult
    test for any camera. TV tubes by their very nature are not linear. If
    you had done an LCD screen I might be more generous.

    That said, the real way it is done is to use test charts, not patterns
    on tv tubes. I'mn sure you've seen these charts in tests over the years
    in the various photo magazines.

    Back to the digital drawing board.

    Did I forget to mention that your test tells NOTHING of how good/bad or
    whatever your chip renders color and skin tone, btw.

    --
    Regards,
    JP

    Macintosh for productivity. Linux for servers. Palm/Visor for mobility. Windows to feed the Black Hole in your IT budget
    Jim Polaski Guest

  14. #14

    In article <228e6376.0307101829.1618231dposting.google.com >,
    [email]jackwhitemy-deja.com[/email] says...
    > It's just that this is one of the toughest tests for any digital
    > camera or camcorder so that's one of the reasons why I used it.

    No it isn't. How can you suggest that to be the case when the resolution
    of even the cheapest digital camera is many times that of the
    television? Beyond that, there are so many variables that determine how
    the picture is going to come out, there is no way this can be any kind
    of test at all.

    If you want to take pictures of resolution charts and truly find out
    what the camera is capable of, you need to get yourself a PIMA/ISO 12233
    resolution test chart and take pictures of it:

    [url]http://www.dpreview.com/learn/Glossary/Digital_Imaging/Resolution_01.htm[/url]

    --
    ________________________________

  15. #15

    In message <MPG.1977f4fd6c9a4e4c98a328news-server.jam.rr.com>,
    Todd Walker <twalker294hotmail.com> wrote:
    >If you want to take pictures of resolution charts and truly find out
    >what the camera is capable of,
    Is it my imagination, or was he testing the TVs and not the camera? I
    think he made it pretty clear that he was testing the TVs.
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <JPSno.komm>
    JPS@no.komm Guest

  16. #16

    What camera did you get?

    I gurantee you my Nikon D100 or D1h with my 60mm/2.8 would be able to do it.

    "Jack White" <jackwhitemy-deja.com> wrote in message
    news:228e6376.0307101100.4c2713e4posting.google.c om...
    > It does show more detail, but I think to show the 6.75mhz circle as it
    > really is, you'd really need to use a pro 35mm camera because I just
    > don't think any digital camera is good enough to do this job.
    > If there was rock solid detail in the 6.75mhz circle, then a digital
    > camera would show it, but there not rock solid detail, but it's not
    > mush either so only a very good 35mm camera would probably show it as
    > it actually is.
    > This new camera is a lot better than the old HP Photosmart 120 though
    > as these pics show.
    > It shows a lot better detail than the old camera.
    > If you look really really carefull, you can see that the 6.75mhz
    > circle is not total total mush and you can very very faintly makeout
    > some detail.
    > Most of these pics are over 1 meg in size and you'd probably have to
    > copy and paste the url because the website uses anti-hotlinking
    > measures.

    [url]http://www.fujifilm.com.sg/storage/photos/gigantor/HOME/9bab3719a4c788b25cc39d8b9f53fc6f/TEST1.jpg[/url]

    [url]http://www.fujifilm.com.sg/storage/photos/gigantor/HOME/9bab3719a4c788b25cc39d8b9f53fc6f/TEST2.jpg[/url]

    [url]http://www.fujifilm.com.sg/storage/photos/gigantor/HOME/9bab3719a4c788b25cc39d8b9f53fc6f/TEST3.jpg[/url]

    [url]http://www.fujifilm.com.sg/storage/photos/gigantor/HOME/9bab3719a4c788b25cc39d8b9f53fc6f/TEST4.jpg[/url]

    [url]http://www.fujifilm.com.sg/storage/photos/gigantor/HOME/9bab3719a4c788b25cc39d8b9f53fc6f/TEST5.jpg[/url]

    [url]http://www.fujifilm.com.sg/storage/photos/gigantor/HOME/9bab3719a4c788b25cc39d8b9f53fc6f/TEST6.jpg[/url]

    > BTW, this is what it looks like when a monitor/tv and the dvd player
    > source both pass the 6.75mhz test with flying colors(see the first pic
    > at the link)

    [url]http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/brandspecific/toshiba/miscellaneous/540p_michaeltlv_jul02_pg1.html[/url]

    Gavin Cato Guest

  17. #17

    In article <228e6376.0307101829.1618231dposting.google.com >,
    [email]jackwhitemy-deja.com[/email] (Jack White) wrote:
    > Todd Walker <twalker294hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > In article <228e6376.0307101100.4c2713e4posting.google.com >,
    > > [email]jackwhitemy-deja.com[/email] says...
    > > > It does show more detail, but I think to show the 6.75mhz circle as it
    > > > really is, you'd really need to use a pro 35mm camera because I just
    > > > don't think any digital camera is good enough to do this job.
    > > >

    > > Did I miss something? Why do you insist on testing the resolution of
    > > your camera by taking pictures of your TV? Is that what you bought a
    > > digital camera for?
    > >

    > These kinds of pics of test patterns probably aren't even 1/10th of 1%
    > of the pics I take with my digital camera.
    > It's just that this is one of the toughest tests for any digital
    > camera or camcorder so that's one of the reasons why I used it.

    I forgot to say what you really need is a PIMA/ISO 12233 standard
    resolution test chart, NOT a TV tube!

  18. #18

    [email]jackwhitemy-deja.com[/email] (Jack White) wrote in message news:<228e6376.0307101825.7730f8f4posting.google. com>...
    > Paul Heslop <paul.heslopblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:<3F0DBA88.905258A3blueyonder.co.uk>...
    > > Jack White wrote:
    > > >

    > > You don't have permission to access
    > > /storage/photos/gigantor/HOME/9bab3719a4c788b25cc39d8b9f53fc6f/TEST2.jpg
    > > on this server.
    >
    > You have to copy and paste the url into your url bar to defeat the
    > anti-hotlinking measures.
    > You copy and paste by holding the right button on your mouse and
    > dragging the cursor over the url till the whole url is highlighted.
    > After the url is highlighted, you hit control Cntrl and C to copy the
    > url.
    > Then you to to the url bar at the top of your browser, and delete
    > everything from your url bar so that it's empty.
    Man, I can't believe I wrote this, you have to use the LEFT button on
    the mouse NOT the right button. I was half asleep when I wrote that
    post and that's why it's wrong.
    > Then you paste the url into the url bar by pressing Cntrl and V.
    > Then you just hit Enter on your keyboard and you should be able to see
    > the pic.
    Jack White Guest

  19. #19

    Sounds like you are the one who has not been here. This has nothing to do
    with dishnetwork
    news:228e6376.0307101835.1dbb4ef7posting.google.c om...

  20. #20

    "Gavin Cato" <gavinnospam.com> wrote in message news:<3f0e3a71$0$59958$c30e37c6lon-reader.news.telstra.net>...
    > What camera did you get?
    >
    > I gurantee you my Nikon D100 or D1h with my 60mm/2.8 would be able to do it.

    Well, again it's not a camera I'd mention outlound unless asked about.
    My new camera is a Samsung Digimax 201.
    Photography is not really my thing or my hobby, it's just that these
    days a digital camera is not really a luxury, it's something you need.
    I really don't know that much about cameras but you're the expert so
    you probably know what you're talking about when it comes to your
    cameras.

    > "Jack White" <jackwhitemy-deja.com> wrote in message
    > news:228e6376.0307101100.4c2713e4posting.google.c om...
    > > It does show more detail, but I think to show the 6.75mhz circle as it
    > > really is, you'd really need to use a pro 35mm camera because I just
    > > don't think any digital camera is good enough to do this job.
    > > If there was rock solid detail in the 6.75mhz circle, then a digital
    > > camera would show it, but there not rock solid detail, but it's not
    > > mush either so only a very good 35mm camera would probably show it as
    > > it actually is.
    > > This new camera is a lot better than the old HP Photosmart 120 though
    > > as these pics show.
    > > It shows a lot better detail than the old camera.
    > > If you look really really carefull, you can see that the 6.75mhz
    > > circle is not total total mush and you can very very faintly makeout
    > > some detail.
    > > Most of these pics are over 1 meg in size and you'd probably have to
    > > copy and paste the url because the website uses anti-hotlinking
    > > measures.
    > >
    > [url]http://www.fujifilm.com.sg/storage/photos/gigantor/HOME/9bab3719a4c788b25cc39d8b9f53fc6f/TEST1.jpg[/url]
    > >

    > [url]http://www.fujifilm.com.sg/storage/photos/gigantor/HOME/9bab3719a4c788b25cc39d8b9f53fc6f/TEST2.jpg[/url]
    > >

    > [url]http://www.fujifilm.com.sg/storage/photos/gigantor/HOME/9bab3719a4c788b25cc39d8b9f53fc6f/TEST3.jpg[/url]
    > >

    > [url]http://www.fujifilm.com.sg/storage/photos/gigantor/HOME/9bab3719a4c788b25cc39d8b9f53fc6f/TEST4.jpg[/url]
    > >

    > [url]http://www.fujifilm.com.sg/storage/photos/gigantor/HOME/9bab3719a4c788b25cc39d8b9f53fc6f/TEST5.jpg[/url]
    > >

    > [url]http://www.fujifilm.com.sg/storage/photos/gigantor/HOME/9bab3719a4c788b25cc39d8b9f53fc6f/TEST6.jpg[/url]
    > >
    > > BTW, this is what it looks like when a monitor/tv and the dvd player
    > > source both pass the 6.75mhz test with flying colors(see the first pic
    > > at the link)
    > >
    > [url]http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/brandspecific/toshiba/miscellaneous/540p_michaeltlv_jul02_pg1.html[/url]
    Jack White Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast