Professional Web Applications Themes

I just purchased OS X.1.3. Question about upgrade. - Mac Applications & Software

Comp USA sold me OS X.1.3. Since I just purchased this version, can I get a free upgrade to Jaquar from Apple? By the way, don't shop at Comp USA. They are a bunch of schmucks!...

  1. #1

    Default I just purchased OS X.1.3. Question about upgrade.

    Comp USA sold me OS X.1.3. Since I just purchased this version, can I
    get a free upgrade to Jaquar from Apple?
    By the way, don't shop at Comp USA. They are a bunch of schmucks!
    Healthy Stealthy ; Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: I just purchased OS X.1.3. Question about upgrade.

    In article <8898fc46.0307151932.54346b42posting.google.com >,
    [email]healthystealthy[/email] (Healthy Stealthy ;) wrote:
    > Comp USA sold me OS X.1.3. Since I just purchased this version, can
    > I get a free upgrade to Jaquar from Apple?
    No. No one got a free upgrade to Jaguar from Apple. It was full
    price all around. A lovely way to treat the loyal customers. You can
    get a free upgrade to 10.1.5, though.
    > By the way, don't shop at Comp USA. They are a bunch of schmucks!
    If you knowingly bought 10.1.3, it ain't CompUSA that's the schmuck.
    If you unknowingly bought it from them and it was sold to you as the
    current OS, then take it back and demand a replacement with the really
    current OS- Jaguar.

    But if you're smart you'll take it back to CompUSA, get your money
    back, and wait for the release of Panther.
    Tim McNamara Guest

  3. #3

    In article <8898fc46.0307151932.54346b42posting.google.com >,
    [email]healthystealthy[/email] (Healthy Stealthy ;) wrote:
    > Comp USA sold me OS X.1.3. Since I just purchased this version, can I
    > get a free upgrade to Jaquar from Apple?
    > By the way, don't shop at Comp USA. They are a bunch of schmucks!
    I sure hope you didn't pay much for it. Jaguar was a full price upgrade
    - $129. You would have been well advised to wait a few more months for
    Panther.

    Like you said, don't shop at CompUSA. You need to have a really good
    idea what you're doing if you do.

    --
    Larry Fransson
    Aviation software for Mac OS X!

  4. #4

    << > By the way, don't shop at Comp USA. They are a bunch of schmucks!

    Then why did you buy from them? >><BR><BR>

    Jaguar has leopardy spots on the X

    Some people want the older version of X for one reason or another however. And
    a store might discount it, and a customer might see a bargain and snap it up
    without thinking, etc.

    To some degree, it is the customers job to know what they are buying.

    It is very possible to buy one of their stock macs without Jaguar installed...
    they sell with what was shipped on them, and only get upgraded as newer stock
    comes in shipping with Jaguar. Most retain what they had placed on them, and
    in their packaging as manufactured, or what they were released with even, even
    if they were built last week.
    GrapeApe Guest

  5. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Healthy Stealthy ; Guest
    Moderated Post

  6. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    chrisr Guest
    Moderated Post

  7. #7

    In article <crex-1998AB.23333117072003news.bellatlantic.net>, chrisr
    <crexbellatlantic.net> wrote:
    > Take it back and start a fight, if you argue long enough they will give
    > in. If that doesn't work, take it to the regional manager. If that
    > doesn't work, put a light coat of clear spray paint on it and take it
    > back to a different comp-usa and tell them it doesn't work. It is
    > almost certain that they don't have 10.1 and will exchange it for Jaguar.
    I don't know how such things are regulated by Apple and its dealers,
    but it seems to me that no dealer should be selling 10.1 long after
    10.2 has been released (unless they offered a discount on 10.1).
    jemmy ducks Guest

  8. #8

    In article <20030716101538.04816.00000022mb-m26.aol.com>,
    [email]grapeapeaol.comj[/email]unk (GrapeApe) wrote:
    > << > By the way, don't shop at Comp USA. They are a bunch of schmucks!
    >
    > Then why did you buy from them? >><BR><BR>
    >

    > Jaguar has leopardy spots on the X
    >
    > Some people want the older version of X for one reason or another however. And
    > a store might discount it, and a customer might see a bargain and snap it up
    > without thinking, etc.
    >
    > To some degree, it is the customers job to know what they are buying.

    To some degree, but merchantability does, in theory, hold. I fought a
    battle with M.A.C.in Berkeley about this, and my credit card company was
    quite firm - if the "current hardware" would not run the product, and
    the labelling did not claim it would not, then a reasonable person would
    expect the product to work. They ended up giving me a store credit for
    a competing, working, product.

    Thus, if you in any way indicated that you wanted "OS X', you might well
    be able to argue that a reasonable person would have known that you
    wanted the most recent version. They are, after all, merchants of the
    product, and thus the onus of it working does fall to some extent on
    them. If, of course, they had copies of both on the shelf, and the
    10.1.x copies were much cheaper, then your case gets slimmer.

    Scott
    Scott Ellsworth Guest

  9. #9

    << Take it back and start a fight, if you argue long enough they will give
    in. If that doesn't work, >><BR><BR>

    Probably you would only need a receipt that showed it was purchased after
    Jaguar was already available.
    Tell them you thought you were getting Jaguar.

    If it is still in the original shrinkwrap, and it hasn't been forever since you
    bought it, they may listen.
    GrapeApe Guest

  10. #10

    << I don't know how such things are regulated by Apple and its dealers,
    but it seems to me that no dealer should be selling 10.1 long after
    10.2 has been released (unless they offered a discount on 10.1). >><BR><BR>

    I think 10.1.X was discounted before Jaguar was available. More than one
    subversion was shipped in the box.. just straight 10.1, and 10.1.3 at least.

    So the careless customer probably paid less for 10.1 than he would have for
    10.2. To get Jaguar, he would still have to pay the difference at least.

    There are often genuine needs for an earlier version of the system, due to
    incompatibilities introduced by the latest and greatest.
    GrapeApe Guest