Professional Web Applications Themes

I like these effects! - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

:confused; I like the floating spinning text in this sites home, opening page can any one tell me how to do this? As well how did they make the boxes on the left background colour fade from grey to black? [url]www.infinitair.ca[/url] I also like how the text explodes when you put you cursor over the links on this site, can anyone tell me how to do this as well? [url]www.mashat.com[/url] Thanks in addvance!...

  1. #1

    Default I like these effects!

    :confused;

    I like the floating spinning text in this sites home, opening page can any one
    tell me how to do this?
    As well how did they make the boxes on the left background colour fade from
    grey to black?
    [url]www.infinitair.ca[/url]

    I also like how the text explodes when you put you cursor over the links on
    this site, can anyone tell me how to do this as well?
    [url]www.mashat.com[/url]

    Thanks in addvance!

    weavingdream Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: I like these effects!

    That about the fade color you can use Macromedia Fireworks MX.
    That is the only way I can find out to use the fade..
    Mmmkp Guest

  3. #3

    Originally posted by: weavingdream
    :confused;

    I like the floating spinning text in this sites home, opening page can any one
    tell me how to do this?
    As well how did they make the boxes on the left background colour fade from
    grey to black?
    [url]www.infinitair.ca[/url]

    I also like how the text explodes when you put you cursor over the links on
    this site, can anyone tell me how to do this as well?
    [url]www.mashat.com[/url]

    Thanks in addvance!

    The floating text is done in flash. If you don't know how to do it in flash
    then you can make similiar effects with the html marquee tag. Google marquee
    and you will find explanations. But the moving text will only be linear. Moving
    text can also be done with javascript.

    The fading is called a gradient. You can do this in Photoshop (you can't do it
    with coding).

    The exploding text is also done in Flash. Google flash tutorials to get a
    better idea.

    CascadingStylez Guest

  4. #4

    Hello weavingdream,
    Floating spinning text is done with flash.

    The boxes on the left background are menu buttons. See
    [url]http://www.infinitair.ca/picts/background-menu.gif[/url]

    Exploding links on mashat.com is more flash.

    Excavatorak Guest

  5. #5

    I have not used much falsh just the little that comes with dreamweaver for
    buttons and moving text in a line, but very little. So when you say it is
    flash is there a program out there that is just for flash?
    Sorry if it ias stupid question I am news to the wed design?

    As well is there other forums out there for dreamweaver or is this the best
    resource for asking questions?

    Thanks

    weavingdream Guest

  6. #6

    This is Macromedias forum for users with problems so this is the general forum, but maybe you can find others made by other users :)
    Mmmkp Guest

  7. #7

    "weavingdream" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    >I have not used much falsh just the little that comes with dreamweaver for
    > buttons and moving text in a line, but very little. So when you say it is
    > flash is there a program out there that is just for flash?
    Yes, Flash. :)
    > As well is there other forums out there for dreamweaver or is this the
    > best
    > resource for asking questions?
    Right now, you're in the least travelled of MM's forums. There's a general
    Dreamweaver forum, a Dreamweaver Application Development forum for dynamic
    sites, a Flash forum, and countless others for various pieces of MM
    software, and for languages other than English. Check the directory on
    forums.macromedia.com with a news reader, or browse around the web forum
    list.

    Lionstone Guest

  8. #8

    Hello Weavingdream,

    As someone mentioned already, the rotating text is probably done via
    Flash, although there are some less expensive Flash emulators out there
    that might do the same thing. Same with the mashat.com site.

    The fading background is best achieved by creating an image that is,
    say, 200 pixels wide and a couple pixels tall. Using the gradient tool
    in photoshop, you can create a gradient from one side to the other. You
    then save the image, and use as CSS style to y-repeat it. Something
    like this:

    ..repeating-bg {
    background image: url(therul.gif);
    background-repead:repeat-y;
    background-position:left;
    }

    It's a low-bandwidth way to achieve some nice effects.

    Chris S.
    Implied By Design LLC.
    [url]http://www.impliedbydesign.com[/url]
    Free Web Design Programs and Scripts
    [url]http://www.impliedbydesign.com/free-software-scripts.html[/url]

    google@impliedbydesign.com Guest

  9. #9

    Can you recommend so good MM Dreamweaver forums please?

    Thanks
    weavingdream Guest

  10. #10

    The general dreamweaver (macromedia.dreamweaver) and application development
    (macromedia.dreamweaver.appdev) are both very good. The Flash forum is not
    somewhere I frequent, but I imagine it's good, too (macromedia.flash).

    > Can you recommend so good MM Dreamweaver forums please?
    >
    > Thanks

    Lionstone Guest