Professional Web Applications Themes

I lose the quality of photos when I place them in InDesign. - Adobe Indesign Windows

I'm new to Adobe CS. I am scanning photos in and getting them the way I want them in Photoshop but when I place them in the In Design layout they look awful-losing resolution. Can anyone tell me how to get my crisp, clear images to show up that way in my In Design layout? Thank you! Audrey...

  1. #1

    Default I lose the quality of photos when I place them in InDesign.

    Audrey_Jackson@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Probably, all you need to do is choose the High Quality Display Performance setting from the View menu.

    Dave
    Dave_Saunders@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Keep in mind that the reason that you do not see your crisp, clear images on screen in InDesign as a default is because displaying 'High Quality Display' will slow your system. Many page layout artists will use the low resolution screen preview to zip through their doent. Experiment with local and global display settings to determine your tolerance for the decrease in speed.

    The quality of the printed images is determined in the print dialog. You can optionally set them to print in low resolution to print quick drafts.
    Jim_Oblak@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    I tried changing the display and the printer settings to the best that it could be. Apparently when I place my photo into In Design it is changing it. On one screen-say Photoshop or illustrator it is crisp and clear and once I go to In Design I lose the quality. Can you offer any additional suggestions? I've tried everything that I can think to do-I'm probably missing something really simple. Thank you! Audrey
    Audrey_Jackson@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    How are you importing your pictures into InDesign? If you're using paste, then that's the problem; use File/Place.

  6. #6

    And for print, make sure that send image data is set to all.

    Bob

    Bob_Levine Guest

  7. #7

    Thank you for your help. At this point it is working and the photos are better but now I am seeing the outline of the box that some type is in that I have overlapping the photo. Do I need to start a new message topic to get help with getting rid of the lines in the photo or can you help? Thank you. Audrey
    Audrey_Jackson@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    If you have any issues with the view, utilize the View menu. You may find an option to hide frame edges there.

    You may find the tutorials at <http://studio.adobe.com> hugely helpful.
    Jim_Oblak@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    > You may find the tutorials at <http://studio.adobe.com> hugely helpful.

    Not to mention the manual. Or an aftermarket book (the Visual Quickstart
    Guides are generally excellent, in expensive resources although I admit
    to not having specifically read the InDesign ones).
    Brian Guest