Professional Web Applications Themes

I love a Publisher design, can I import the design into Frontpage? - Web Design

I'm establishing an identity for my new company using a Publisher design set. How do I use that basic design in Frontpage? Can I just creat a blank page, save it as a HTML file then import it? I know Frontpage and have not used Publisher as a web design tool. Bob...

  1. #1

    Default I love a Publisher design, can I import the design into Frontpage?

    I'm establishing an identity for my new company using a
    Publisher design set.

    How do I use that basic design in Frontpage? Can I just
    creat a blank page, save it as a HTML file then import it?

    I know Frontpage and have not used Publisher as a web
    design tool.

    Bob
    bob_hatcher Guest

  2. #2

    Thanks, David,

    I am interested in the "Capsules" design. Are you saying
    that there should be a capsules.htm file somewhere that I
    can import into FP?

    Sounds like importing just the raw design page is the
    answer.

    Thanks,

    Bob

    differences between
    >Publishers coding and FP's coding, moving Publisher web
    files into FP will
    >typically result in more work for less than desirable
    results.
    >So I don't recommend the practice.
    >
    >--
    >David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP
    >Visit [url]www.davidbartosik.com[/url]
    >for Publisher and Web Design
    >Tips and How-to's.
    >
    >"bob_hatcher" <Bob_hatcheralpine-search.com> wrote in
    message
    >> I'm establishing an identity for my new company using a
    >> Publisher design set.
    >>
    >> How do I use that basic design in Frontpage? Can I just
    >> creat a blank page, save it as a HTML file then import
    it?

    >> I know Frontpage and have not used Publisher as a web
    >> design tool.
    >>
    >> Bob
    >

    >.

    bob_hatcher Guest

  3. #3

    the themes aren't external. you could try making a blank page with only the
    theme and save it to html and import that page and see if you can clean the
    code up a bit in FP and then use it for an FP template.
    the FP forum is at
    microsoft.public.frontpage.client

    --

    > Thanks, David,
    >
    > I am interested in the "Capsules" design. Are you saying
    > that there should be a capsules.htm file somewhere that I
    > can import into FP?
    >
    > Sounds like importing just the raw design page is the
    > answer.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Bob

    David Bartosik - MS MVP Guest

  4. #4

    Luckily, FP had a very similar design, so I used it and I
    had my site up and running (all five pages) in a few hours.

    It seems like a serious flaw not to have Publisher and FP
    interoperability.

    Bob

    bob_hatcher Guest

  5. #5

    They are just 2 very different products working very differently. They may
    both create a site but how they get there is different.

    --

    > Luckily, FP had a very similar design, so I used it and I
    > had my site up and running (all five pages) in a few hours.
    >
    > It seems like a serious flaw not to have Publisher and FP
    > interoperability.
    >
    > Bob

    David Bartosik - MS MVP Guest

  6. #6

    Default Re: Yes, but

    no the code is very different.
    do a page in FP and one in Pub and then compare the code they've written.
    do the same with Word, save a Word doc as a web page or use Word's web
    wizard.
    and compare that code to Pub and to FP.
    Each product group has very different coding standards.

    --

    > Yes, they are two separate programs, BUT, Excel and Word
    > have interoperability and they are much different
    > products. They can read each other's files. Almost all
    > of the MS Office can share files. It just seems weird
    > that Pub and FP can't when the core of the files is the
    > same HTML.
    >
    > Bob

    David Bartosik - MS MVP Guest