Professional Web Applications Themes

I'm looking for a skywriting tutorial - Adobe Illustrator Windows

I tried searching the forum and help section with no luck. I am a beginner Illustrator user and have the CS version. I tried google and there were a couple references but the pages were expired. I'm creating a CD cover for a school project and I'm using the Eric Clapton song, "I feel free" for the cover. I want to write the title in flowy text sort of like skywriting. Any ideas? TIA, Patty...

  1. #1

    Default I'm looking for a skywriting tutorial

    Patty_Clarke@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: I'm looking for a skywriting tutorial

    For that, I think you'll get better results in Photoshop. Check the forum there, too.
    Scott_Falkner@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Try this Patty…

    (the below referrs to swatches and brushes that are in the default startup file)

    Create a square/rectangle as your backdrop filled with the midday sky gradient swatch. Set the gradient angle to 90°.

    Draw your text with pen, brush or pencil with the stroke color as white.

    Apply the thick pencil bruch to the path.

    Apply effects>blur>gaussian blur with a 3 to 6 pixel radius.

    (don't forget to adjust the doent raster effect settings before doing this. effects>doent raster effect settings. I prefer 300 ppi)

    Blurr the first more than the last letter to simulate the disapating factor of the smoke and the time it takes to "draw" the first letter to last letter.

    The key to this is the brush (which you can create your own brush) and different raster effects added to it.

    Let me know if you want any help. (You know my fee, one cookie :))

    John
    John_Kallios@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Hello Patty..

    Check out the cool Extras, Graphic styles, you mig find something
    usefull there, maybe by tweaking it a little...

    Poul Solbjerg

    Poul_Solbjerg_Holst@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Thanks for the tutorial Johnny, I'm going to try it out tonight.
    Where you been? I haven't seen you in a long time.

    Poul,

    Where would a person check out the "cool Extras and Graphic styles."
    (Sorry if this is a stupid question, but like I said, I'm NEW.)

  6. #6

    Patty-

    I found some great cloud brushes for Photoshop in Adobe Studio Exchange. The best ones were "Eden" and "Return to Eden" but if you type clouds in the search field for Photoshop files, you'll get a few different options.

    You can "skywrite" with the brushes by shaping them into the words you need. Takes a little time but mine came out quite well after tweaking.

    Rick
    Rick_Arnaud@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Thanks Rick, I'll check it out. I've never downloaded any brushes to Illustrator, any advice?