Professional Web Applications Themes

I'm writing a new Anti Spam Mail Protocol, can you hel me? - Sun Solaris

SLam wrote: > > Hello everybody! > > I'm writing a simple Anti Spam Mail Protocol under UNIX an i want to > open a project in Sun, but they actually said that they can. So i want > to make this protocol with all people to finish with the spam in our world. > > I'm spanish, so i can't write english so good. I'm doing a web page with > the white paper of the protocol. > > When i make the web page i would send the url to the news. > > What do you think ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: I'm writing a new Anti Spam Mail Protocol, can you hel me?

    SLam wrote:

    > Hello everybody!
    >
    > I'm writing a simple Anti Spam Mail Protocol under UNIX an i want to
    > open a project in Sun, but they actually said that they can. So i want
    > to make this protocol with all people to finish with the spam in our world.
    >
    > I'm spanish, so i can't write english so good. I'm doing a web page with
    > the white paper of the protocol.
    >
    > When i make the web page i would send the url to the news.
    >
    > What do you think about tho start the project?
    >
    > Thanks everybody
    > Urk
    First question: Why?
    Are you familure with procmail and with spamassassin?
    Why re-invent the wheel? I mean, you may have a reason
    to write another protocol but what is that reason?

    --
    [url]http://ftp.opensysmon.com[/url] is a shell script archive site with an
    open source system monitoring and network monitoring software package.

  3. #3

    SLam <slamNO_SPAMeuskalnet.net> writes in comp.unix.solaris:
    |Second, my protocol is a open protocol, no proprietary like POP or SMTP
    |but with the security add-on.

    How are POP & SMTP proprietary? They are specified in public RFC's and
    implemented by hundreds of different vendors and open source authors.

    So often these days when I hear people complaining about "proprietary"
    hardware and software (like the SPARC architecture compared to Intel
    x86) I have the urge to quote the Princess Bride - "I don't think that
    word means what you think it means."

    |Why re-invent the wheel?
    |When APACHE was developed there was other Web Servers and they do it, so
    |.. why reinvent ...

    They did a new implementation of an existing protocol. You don't really
    expect the hundreds of POP & SMTP implementations to switch to your new
    protocol do you? It might be an interesting learning experiment, but I
    wouldn't expect it to gain wide adoption if it's not compatible with
    SMTP.

    Alan Coopersmith [email]alancalum.calberkeley.org[/email]
    [url]http://www.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU/~alanc/[/url] aka: [email]Alan.CoopersmithSun.COM[/email]
    Alan Coopersmith Guest

  4. #4

    SLam wrote:

    > Second, my protocol is a open protocol, no proprietary like POP or SMTP
    > but with the security add-on.

    That'd be "proprietary" as in "defined in openly available RFCs", would
    it (RFC1939 for POP3, RFC2821 for SMTP. See [url]http://www.rfc-editor.org[/url]
    for other non-proprietary RFCs relevant to these protocols).

    --
    Tony

    Tony Walton Guest

  5. #5

    The answer is simple, is for my final project.

    I'm doing my final project, a Video On Demand Software for use on a unix
    box and one part of the project is the Anti Spam Mail Protocol.

    This idea is to prevent the Spam in the Client box and to reduce the
    traffic of spam over the net.

    Why re-invent the wheel? well, when the POP and SMTP protocol where
    design it wasn't more SPAM but actually the spam is the 80% of the
    traffic over the net.

    Second, my protocol is a open protocol, no proprietary like POP or SMTP
    but with the security add-on.

    I know there is more utilities to "prevent" the spam but ... it doesn't
    prevent the traffic, so the primary idea is to limit the traffic over
    the net.

    Why re-invent the wheel?
    When APACHE was developed there was other Web Servers and they do it, so
    ... why reinvent ...

    and Linux ... there is no other UNIX system ....
    or java ....
    or c++

    because if it's better it would be a good utility

    i think, what do you think?

    Thank for reply
    Urko Benito Mateo
    Spain