Professional Web Applications Themes

I really need help on how to export import tables using Enterprise manager only - Oracle Server

You don't say which version of Oracle, but under my Oracle 9.2 I start OEM, open the database, open the schema list, select the user, then click on the menu item Tools, then Database Tools, then Data Management, then Export and the wizard comes up. From there I specify the output file and location and on the next page it asks whether this is a database, user or table export. After selecting User (which was already selected), I find out that I didn't need to do anything before clicking on the menu item Tools. "Tejal" <tpatelrocketmail.com> wrote in message news:435a3888.0212060701.79bcfc96posting.google.c ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: I really need help on how to export import tables using Enterprise manager only

    You don't say which version of Oracle, but under my Oracle 9.2 I start OEM,
    open the database, open the schema list, select the user, then click on the
    menu item Tools, then Database Tools, then Data Management, then Export and
    the wizard comes up. From there I specify the output file and location and
    on the next page it asks whether this is a database, user or table export.
    After selecting User (which was already selected), I find out that I didn't
    need to do anything before clicking on the menu item Tools.

    "Tejal" <tpatelrocketmail.com> wrote in message
    news:435a3888.0212060701.79bcfc96posting.google.c om...
    > Does anyone know how to export and import tables/data of one
    > particular user using Enterprise manager.
    > Here is what I want to do. I have a user called 'xyz' and that
    > contains tables which I really need to backup because everytime when
    > someone add new stuff, I want to keep a backup of first database so
    > that way if there are any problems, i can restore back.
    > If anyone used SQL ayer before, if you right click on Database,
    > it's option for backup and that creats some text file which you can
    > restore back anytime but not using the DOS command but from enterprise
    > manager itself.
    > please if someone out there uses enterprise manager in Oracle, please
    > please help me. I need to get this done today please. Thanks in
    > advance. you can write me at [email]tpatelrocketmail.com[/email]
    > Thanks soooooooo much
    > Tej

    Scott Mattes Guest

  2. #2

    But, for this method to work, you must be connected through the Oracle Management Server, not just the Enterprise Manager
    Console stand-alone...

    It does not sound like the OP was using the Management Server...

    "Scott Mattes" <ScottTheMattesFamily.ws> wrote:
    >You don't say which version of Oracle, but under my Oracle 9.2 I start OEM,
    >open the database, open the schema list, select the user, then click on the
    >menu item Tools, then Database Tools, then Data Management, then Export and
    >the wizard comes up. From there I specify the output file and location and
    >on the next page it asks whether this is a database, user or table export.
    >After selecting User (which was already selected), I find out that I didn't
    >need to do anything before clicking on the menu item Tools.
    >

    >"Tejal" <tpatelrocketmail.com> wrote in message
    >news:435a3888.0212060701.79bcfc96posting.google. com...
    >> Does anyone know how to export and import tables/data of one
    >> particular user using Enterprise manager.
    >> Here is what I want to do. I have a user called 'xyz' and that
    >> contains tables which I really need to backup because everytime when
    >> someone add new stuff, I want to keep a backup of first database so
    >> that way if there are any problems, i can restore back.
    >> If anyone used SQL ayer before, if you right click on Database,
    >> it's option for backup and that creats some text file which you can
    >> restore back anytime but not using the DOS command but from enterprise
    >> manager itself.
    >> please if someone out there uses enterprise manager in Oracle, please
    >> please help me. I need to get this done today please. Thanks in
    >> advance. you can write me at [email]tpatelrocketmail.com[/email]
    >> Thanks soooooooo much
    >> Tej

    TurkBear Guest