Professional Web Applications Themes

I tried everything and still can't install-is there anexecutable? - Macromedia Shockwave

I read all the posts in the shockwave forum and tried every suggestion and it won't install. First, it was an endless loop of always asking me to accept the active X control, click on the gold bar, etc, back and forth. I tried accepting all cookies, turning off my firewall, changing my security settings to downright dangerous, and now there is nothing on the download page but that blank box and I get one prompt to run an active x control and then nothing. My time settings are correct, I uninstalled the old version and now I have no ...

  1. #1

    Default I tried everything and still can't install-is there anexecutable?

    I read all the posts in the shockwave forum and tried every suggestion and it
    won't install. First, it was an endless loop of always asking me to accept the
    active X control, click on the gold bar, etc, back and forth. I tried
    accepting all cookies, turning off my firewall, changing my security settings
    to downright dangerous, and now there is nothing on the download page but that
    blank box and I get one prompt to run an active x control and then nothing. My
    time settings are correct, I uninstalled the old version and now I have no
    shockwave at all, I have tried everything! The only thing I haven't tried is
    uninstalling Flash because I'm afraid if I do that I won't be able to reinstall
    that either. When I go to the support page there is a link to download an
    executable file but that just takes you back to the original installation page
    and the same problems.

    Please help me if you can! I'm getting gray hairs over this. I know I always
    have problems installing shockwave when the new version comes out but I can
    never remember how to do it. Why don't you just put a link to a file you can
    download to your desktop and install? Shockwave support team, are you there?

    desperate_measures Guest

  2. #2

    > Why don't you just put a link to a file you can
    > download to your desktop and install?
    Try this:
    <http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/default/english/win95nt/latest/Shockwave_Installer_Full.exe>
    Sean Wilson Guest

  3. #3

    Thank you very much for your reply. I really appreciate it. I found the link
    you just posted by doing a google search for "I can't install Shockwave". When
    I clicked on your link it didn't work for me but it looks like the same thing.
    Here it is again for anyone else:

    [url]http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/default/english/win95nt/latest/Sh[/url]
    ockwave_Installer_Full.exe

    Are the links wrong on the download page or something?

    desperate_measures Guest

  4. #4

    > Are the links wrong on the download page or something?

    Your link is the same as mine (except that yours wraps - and breaks - in
    my newsreader). I tested my link before I posted it ...
    Sean Wilson Guest