Code Hints You may want to rethink not using a closing

tag though. from a practical editing point of view- with some combinations of html- the lack of closing

tags may trip up dreamweaver's syntax parser and have it display or edit awkwardly. it's a block level tag- it doesn't mean start a new paragraph.. it means that whatever is enclosed by

and

is a block of content. -- Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver Certified Dreamweaver MX Developer [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => Alan Ames [ip] => blu@formdude.co [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 3 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> I was in a canoe, and then I saw a waterfall, and then... - Macromedia Dreamweaver

I was in a canoe, and then I saw a waterfall, and then... - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Hey guys, nevermind the message title. I wrote it that way hoping it'd get you to click here and read my question. It must have worked, cuz you're reading this, right? lol ANYWAY, my question is: Where do you go in DreamWeaver to disable the tag completion or whatever it is that automatically creates the ending </P> tag. I use the <P> tag a lot, and I never need the end tag. it just annoys me and slows me down when that comes up. how do i disable it?...

Default I was in a canoe, and then I saw a waterfall, and then...

Hey guys,

nevermind the message title. I wrote it that way hoping it'd get you to click here and read my question. It must have worked, cuz you're reading this, right? lol

ANYWAY, my question is:

Where do you go in DreamWeaver to disable the tag completion or whatever it is that automatically creates the ending </P> tag.

I use the <P> tag a lot, and I never need the end tag. it just annoys me and slows me down when that comes up. how do i disable it?

Kubed1 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

Default Re: I was in a canoe, and then I saw a waterfall, and then...

Never mind this reply. I was just writing to see if you'd read it. I guess
    it worked ;o)

-Darrel

darrel Guest

dw preferences- -->Code Hints

You may want to rethink not using a closing </p> tag though.
    from a practical editing point of view- with some combinations of html- the
    lack of closing </p> tags may trip up dreamweaver's syntax pr and have
    it display or edit awkwardly.

it's a block level tag- it doesn't mean start a new paragraph.. it means
    that whatever is enclosed by <p> and </p> is a block of content.

--
    Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver
    Certified Dreamweaver MX Developer

Alan Ames Guest

> it's a block level tag- it doesn't mean start a new paragraph.. it means
    > that whatever is enclosed by <p> and </p> is a block of content.
    and you need to close all of your tags if you are using xhtml.

-Darrel

darrel Guest

Slows you down? As you cascade over the waterfall?

If DW is writing the code for you, how can it slow you down? 8)

Wait - are you handcoding?

--
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX
    (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
    ==================
    [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url] - THE BEST WAY TO GET
    ANSWERS
    ==================
    [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url] - Template Triage!
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/go[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    [url]http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/[/url] - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
    ==================

"Kubed1" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    news:behnsm$hdn$1forums.macromedia.com...
    >
    > Hey guys,
    >
    > nevermind the message title. I wrote it that way hoping it'd get you to
    click here and read my question. It must have worked, cuz you're reading
    this, right? lol
    >
    > ANYWAY, my question is:
    >
    > Where do you go in DreamWeaver to disable the tag completion or whatever
    it is that automatically creates the ending </P> tag.
    >
    > I use the <P> tag a lot, and I never need the end tag. it just annoys me
    and slows me down when that comes up. how do i disable it?
    >
    >

Murray *TMM* Guest