In <0001HW.BB25C877001887820A337100text.giganews.com > Steve wrote:
> My daughter's iBook freezes up occasionally (ha!) and she has to do a
> hard restart. After this completes, the clock is set back to 1900 (or
> whatever the default date is). I'm thinking a bad PRAM battery,
> although the iBook is less than a year old. Any other ideas?
This is exactly the purpose of this button. In a typical freeze, all you
actually need is a forced shutdown (just press the power button for few
seconds). My guess is that this should be a better option for your
daughter. Sometimes when PRAM gets messed up, forced shutdown is not
enough - and that is what the separate restart button is for. Just don't
use it - do the forced shutdown instead.

--
Serwis Usenet w portalu Gazeta.pl -> [url]http://www.gazeta.pl/usenet/[/url]