Professional Web Applications Themes

iCal 1.5.1: double click doesn't work? - Mac Applications & Software

Hello, I've downloaded the new iCal. Not many improvements that will be of use to me, but one thing I'd hoped would work would be the ability to open the information drawer by double-clicking on the "dot" in a month-view of an event. The help file says doing so should open the info drawer (if the "Show time in month view" is off, which it is), but it doesn't work for me (just selects the subject of the event). Can anyone else get this to work? Thanks, Todd PS. Are there any hacks out there that make apps smart about ...

  1. #1

    Default iCal 1.5.1: double click doesn't work?

    Hello,

    I've downloaded the new iCal. Not many improvements that will be of
    use to me, but one thing I'd hoped would work would be the ability to
    open the information drawer by double-clicking on the "dot" in a
    month-view of an event. The help file says doing so should open the
    info drawer (if the "Show time in month view" is off, which it is), but
    it doesn't work for me (just selects the subject of the event).

    Can anyone else get this to work?

    Thanks,

    Todd

    PS. Are there any hacks out there that make apps smart about resizing
    windows when you open/close trays that open on the side?
    F. Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: iCal 1.5.1: double click doesn't work?

    In article <skynet.be>,
    "F. Todd Wilson" <skynet.be> wrote:

    The info drawer is open or closed. Click on the event shows its info. I
    don't think the whole thing is much better either. The info drawer
    should also be able to resize the main window like the To Do list does.
    Reginald Guest

  3. #3

    In article <verizon.net>,
    Reginald Dwight <net> wrote:

    > The info drawer is open or closed. Click on the event shows its info. I
    > don't think the whole thing is much better either. The info drawer
    > should also be able to resize the main window like the To Do list does.[/ref]

    Did you leave space at a side for the drawer to open ?
    I just noticed that when i have the calendar in full screen view and
    open the Info drawer there is no sign of it until i resize ...
    /J
    --
    Joakim Wendel
    Remove obvious mail JUNK block for mail reply.

    My homepage : http://violinist.nu
    Joakim Guest

  4. #4

    In article <skynet.be>,
    F. Todd Wilson <skynet.be> wrote:

    Doesn't work for me. You can right-click (if you have a 2-button mouse)
    or Ctrl-click on the dot to get a menu of things you can do to the
    entry, one of which is to show info. Not ideal, though.

    I'm not convinced the new drawer paradigm is the right thing here,
    although it's good for some other apps. They should have stuck with the
    popups. Even with popups, it wasn't possible to compare the details of
    two appointments, although it could have been. With a drawer it's
    impossible.

    I do like the fact that all the info is now in a single pane, though,
    rather than having the different tabs.

    I do like the new time zone feature. For people who regularly cross the
    atlantic for work, this could be a real boon.

    Oh, and on my machine, at least, the new help file is amusingly broken.
    The Overview, Contents and Website headings don't work; their clickable
    hotspots are offset vertically but about a centimeter, in the middle of
    otherwise blank space.

    Dunno, but some programs can do it (Camino used to do this for its
    history/bookmarks tray, but recent builds don't seem to use a tray any
    more, which is a shame).

    Tim
    Tim Guest

  5. #5

    In article <rLE*chiark.greenend.org.uk>, Tim Cutts
    <greenend.org.uk> wrote:

    Exact same thing here.

    --
    Martin Nadeau
    Martin Guest

  6. #6

    In article <canit.se>,
    Joakim Wendel <net> wrote:

    Yeah. I stinks. It should open and resize. The other way, even though I
    didn't like it much, was more convienient for the most part. :(
    Reginald Guest