Professional Web Applications Themes

Idea - Macromedia Fireworks

Wouldn't it be a great idea to make some sort of a Site Files window in Fireworks such as in Dreamweaver? That way you would never have to browse for files again (which often takes quite some time) and all your files are managed in groups, just as in the Dreamweaver Site Files window. John Dunning has an Explorer view extension on his site which offers some help, but it is Flash based and thus slow on older machines. Anyway, what do you guys think? -- Intensily, Coen Naninck "If you have a passion for what you do in life, ...

  1. #1

    Default Idea

    --

    Intensily,

    Coen Naninck

    "If you have a passion for what you do in life, life will become your
    passion!"
    _______________________________

    E-mail : Can be found at: http://members.home.nl/ccnk/mail
    ================================

    Enhance Fireworks with these Productivity Resources:

    *** FREESTYLERMX ***

    http://freestylermx.net

    *** FIREWORKS DEVELOPER CENTER ***

    http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/fireworks

    Coen Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Idea

    Coen:

    There has been discussion for some time why this feature has never been
    included in FW! 8)

    It's a grand idea....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Coen Naninck" <net> wrote in message

    Murray Guest

  3. #3

    Yeah,

    And why cant I upload a slice from within FW.. I know I can upload the whole
    png from within. I get tired of making a change, exporting the slice, going
    to DW, uploading the image ...make another change .... it's tedious as hell.

    alex

    "Murray *TMM*" <com> wrote in message
    | Coen:
    |
    | There has been discussion for some time why this feature has never been
    | included in FW! 8)
    |
    | It's a grand idea....
    |
    | --
    | Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    | Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX
    | (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
    | ==================
    | news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver - THE BEST WAY TO GET
    | ANSWERS
    | ==================
    | http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com - Template Triage!
    | http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    | http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    | http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/ - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
    | ==================
    |
    | "Coen Naninck" <net> wrote in message
    | >
    | > Wouldn't it be a great idea to make some sort of a Site Files window in
    | > Fireworks such as in Dreamweaver? That way you would never have to
    | > browse for files again (which often takes quite some time) and all your
    | > files are managed in groups, just as in the Dreamweaver Site Files
    window.

    | > John Dunning has an Explorer view extension on his site which offers
    | > some help, but it is Flash based and thus slow on older machines.
    | >
    | > Anyway, what do you guys think?
    | >
    | > --
    | >

    | > Intensily,
    | >
    | > Coen Naninck
    | >

    | > "If you have a passion for what you do in life, life will become your
    | > passion!"
    | > _______________________________
    | >
    | > E-mail : Can be found at: http://members.home.nl/ccnk/mail
    | > ================================
    | >
    | > Enhance Fireworks with these Productivity Resources:
    | >
    | > *** FREESTYLERMX ***
    | >
    | > http://freestylermx.net
    | >

    | > *** FIREWORKS DEVELOPER CENTER ***
    | >
    | > http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/fireworks

    Alex Guest

  4. #4

    Alex Marino wrote:

    Don't you want to be able to update your site locally so that it's
    synced with the live one?

    --
    John
    John Guest

  5. #5

    John,

    Good point. I guess I would like to click on a button and have the option to
    upload to both places or either one.

    alex

    "John T." <com> wrote in message
    | Alex Marino wrote:
    | > Yeah,
    | >
    | > And why cant I upload a slice from within FW.. I know I can upload the
    whole
    | > png from within. I get tired of making a change, exporting the slice,
    going
    | > to DW, uploading the image ...make another change .... it's tedious as
    hell.

    | Don't you want to be able to update your site locally so that it's
    | synced with the live one?
    |
    | --
    | John

    Alex Guest

  6. #6

    Coen Naninck wrote:

    I've always wished for this. It's a fantastic idea. Too bad I had it first :-P

    DiMa
    --------------------
    WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to
    your posts: news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver
    For Answers, check here first:
    http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html
    http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase
    http://dwfaq.com

    http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm

    www.flyingtigerwebdesign dot com

    DiMa Guest

  7. #7

    Did not!! :)

  8. #8

    Coen Naninck wrote:
    || Did not!! :)
    || DiMa wrote:
    ||| I've always wished for this. It's a fantastic idea. Too bad I had
    ||| it first :-P

    This one could run and run :)

    Peter Guest

  9. #9

    Coen Naninck wrote:

    Did too!!

    DiMa
    --------------------

  10. #10

    Peter R wrote:

    I'll win...I have a 10 year old...I could do this FOREVER! :-D

    DiMa
    --------------------

  11. #11

    Hey Coen!! Long time no see.

    I know Adobe has the "favorites" icon on the menu when you go to open a
    file.

    C'mon MM, get with it!! I definitely agree that browsing for files is a
    major time-waster.

    BR

    Bill Guest

  12. #12

    Bill Ray wrote:

    TopStyle, too. When you browse for a file there is a "Favourites" drop-down. I
    LOVE it. But I think there should be a full on site manager in FW, which
    integrates with DW. Save/export a file in FW, it saves/exports it to DW, just
    like css files in TS/DW.

    DiMa