Platform : SunOS 5.7 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4
IDS Version : 9.30.UC2

We received the following error messages in our log file:

16:42:58 Fatal error in ADM VP at mt.c:11890
16:42:58 Unexpected virtual processor termination, pid = 1316, exit =
0xb

Afterwards we were in a seriously degraded mode (15+ seconds for
"onstat -"). Attempts to capture any additional information failed.
So we tried to shutdown the server via onmode -ky. This command never
completed. System shutdown also failed to complete, so we had to
perform a halt.

Has anyone seen this error before?

During our investigation we found that we had a user attempting to
connect via ODBC connection from ERwin 4.0 at nearly the same time as
the fatal error. However, rather than an "olsoctcp" protocol,
"onsoctcp" was selected. Could this have been the cause for the fatal
error?

TIA.