Professional Web Applications Themes

IE7 DOESNT RECOGNIZE FLASH PLAYER - Macromedia Flash Player

My IE7 is not recognizing the new Flash Player 9. Websites will not display Flash Player Content. If anyone has come across this problem and fixed it or if you have the same problem please respond. thank you, alex...

  1. #1

    Default IE7 DOESNT RECOGNIZE FLASH PLAYER

    My IE7 is not recognizing the new Flash Player 9. Websites will not display
    Flash Player Content. If anyone has come across this problem and fixed it or
    if you have the same problem please respond.
    thank you,
    alex

    AlexISconfused Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: IE7 DOESNT RECOGNIZE FLASH PLAYER

    Try this, go tools the manage add-ons.. then find flash and click update active x.
    jwr18 Guest

  3. #3

    I am having a similar problem.
    InternetExplorer suddenly refused to display anything but a blank white box
    for flash movies.
    I get the click here to activate activeX control message but clicking does
    nothing.

    I have used the flashplayer removal tool and reinstalled flashplayer.
    I have reinstalled IE 6.
    I have now updated to IE7.

    No difference !

    When the adobe site is installing the flashplayer it seems to momentarilly
    display the flash that means you have successfully installed. At least I see
    the flash logo 'f'' momentarilly.

    I have read the post below above about updating activeX but my IE7 does not
    offer an update option in the manage addons that I can see.

    By the way Firefox displays flash fine as it has always done.

    I am on a winXPsp2 machine with a duo core processor.

    Any experts out there care to advise something easier than reinstalling
    windows??

    Thanks
    Dan V

    Dan Guest

  4. #4

    there is no update button
    AlexISconfused Guest

  5. #5

    Dan my problem is a little different...when i go to install flash player 9 on adobe's site...there is no download button that i can see, so all there is is the page itself
    AlexISconfused Guest

  6. #6

    Hi Alex
    Ive posted my question separately now.
    Maybe someone will take us more seriously ;-)

    I also tried your suggestion of uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling.
    Nup

    Thanks
    Dan V
    Dan Guest

  7. #7

    Good....Ive been tired of not being able to view flash content.....I talked
    with Darren from Adobe last night and he took control of my desktop and took
    some screenshots. He said he will be having a meeting with Adobe to discuss
    these issues and he said he would bring my issue up and that they might have to
    start working and talking with Microsoft to fix this.
    so im excited haha,
    hopefully they figure it out,
    alex

    AlexISconfused Guest

  8. #8

    Okay!!! all the worries are over! I restored my system to the date i started
    to experience this problem or even past that and it fixed everything!!...i got
    to go to adobe.com and update to the new flash player with zero problems!!
    hope this helps out some of you troubled people.
    thanks for you time Darren McNally,
    Alex

    AlexISconfused Guest