Professional Web Applications Themes

IEXPLORE executed an invalid instruction in module - Macromedia Flash Player

There is a bug in the Activex Flash Player 9.0.115.0 that crashes IE at kidswb.com after I press enter. First there is and add for EON KID and it switches to the BATMAN add I recieive the error message "IEXPLORE executed an invalid instruction in module FLASH9E.OCX at 0177:30055a77."...

  1. #1

    Default IEXPLORE executed an invalid instruction in module

    There is a bug in the Activex Flash Player 9.0.115.0 that crashes IE at
    kidswb.com after I press enter. First there is and add for EON KID and it
    switches to the BATMAN add I recieive the error message "IEXPLORE executed an
    invalid instruction in module FLASH9E.OCX at 0177:30055a77."

    ghall4834 Guest

  2. #2

    Jup ... i have that problem too ... i updated today and after that a flash
    projekt im working on doesnt work anymore ... or better to say ... it doesnt
    work on the internet explorer. still works in Firefox.

    in my projekt im using javascript to execute actionscript funktions. seems to
    collide with security i guess ... but i cant do it any other way -,-

    hop u fix that soon :)

    Aweeg Guest

  3. #3

    Ok people don't know if this will work for either of you but I finally managed
    to track down the reason why Flash9e.oxc was causing my IE7 to crash and I went
    through 4 days of possible reasons, tons of un-install and re-installs, tons of
    web pages, gallons of coffee and miles of cigarettes.

    What finally solved the problem turned out to be however corrupted sound files
    and my solution was to un-install my Soundblaster sounds files, when I did that
    the problem cleared up as if by magic. Downloaded new Soundblaster sound files
    for XP and re-installed them and everything is working like its old self again.
    So my advice would be to start first with un-installing your sound files if
    you have them and see if the problem clears up if it does do a re-install on
    your sound files. If it doesn't un-install one program at a time checking each
    time to see if the problem has been solved before un-installing the next
    program. Be sure to re-install each program after testing.

    Pardon any typo's, I'm kinda exhusted.
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    R Gilbert:beer;

    goldeneagle1 Guest

  4. #4

    I am also getting this error on a Windows 98 machine. The site is http://www.bratz.com.

    Is there a way to get an older version of flash to see if that works?
    DHS13 Guest

  5. #5

    There sure is type flashplayer 8 or the flash player that your looking for in
    the search box at Adobe and click go. You might also try Downloads at Adobe,
    although the easest way I found was to just enter it into the search box click
    go and follow the link.

    Best and Happy New Year

    goldeneagle1 Guest

  6. #6

    If you are really in a five alarm fire and want to download it here is the link
    to the page for Flashplayer 8 and you can also click on the link to download
    older versions..

    http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

    goldeneagle1 Guest

  7. #7

    I've tried the Flash9 in IE6 and IE7 and the dang thing just flat causes a
    crash, but after going back to Flashplayer 8 I haven't anymore trouble.

    Hope some this will solve the problem for you

    Happy New

    goldeneagle1 Guest

  8. #8

    Simply re-registering flash9e.ocx does the job for me.

    regsvr32 /u C:\WINNT\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9e.ocx
    regsvr32 C:\WINNT\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9e.ocx

    Cheers,
    mrkeijzer Guest

  9. #9

    I had the same problem. I tried to sort the problem out the way which mrkeijzer told. Unfortunalety it didn't work. Uninstall the programme than reinstall.
    demented_tr Guest

  10. #10

    Joining the club...

    "IEXPLORE executed an invalid instruction in module FLASH9E.OCX"

    version: 9.0.115.0

    Just one url example: http://index.hu/

    Now, the forum is full of these negative feedbacks concerning the bug. Why you
    just can't figure out the problem guys (ie.developers) and release another
    version or rollback to the previous one?
    I can hack my registry and/or system files but i won't. This is really a shame.

    chp2k6 Guest

  11. #11

    I have download Flash player 8 from http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
    but I see some http://catwebsite.googlepages.com/cat_pictures_and_cat_photos.htm of flash very slow.
    mikayn Guest

  12. #12

    http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

    download older version
    killoldesai Guest

  13. #13

    i had same bug but openzilla.

    John N
    ****
    http://www.equipal.com.mx
    kwmxz Guest

  14. #14

    The older version still works fine for me
    http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

    I prefer to use it until a fix is in for this. It is a whole lot less
    frustrating.

    http://www.authoritydirectory.com/
    http://www.bruceswedal.com/

    Botman1998 Guest

  15. #15

    Visited both kidswb.com and bratz.com.
    Both sides displayed well, using firefox 2.0.0.11. No problems here.
    Internet-marketing Guest

  16. #16

    Had the same issue also with IE not working with the flash9e.ocx and
    re-registering the ActiveX control was the quickest solution and then you have
    the latest version also.

    regsvr32 /u C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9e.ocx
    regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9e.ocx

    3pinner Guest

  17. #17

    Hi guys I've got loads of people's browsers crashing with the Flash9e.ocx
    error message and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Flash to no avail.
    I'm not sure I understand where to go in the registry to try to fix the problem
    (using that method). I'll give it a go, but . . . Is there any indication that
    Adobe might release a patch to sort this out? It seems pretty widespread. The
    site is Miniclip.com: it's a multiplayer game called Anagrammatic. Once players
    log on, if they try to navigate to the forum page within the site they get the
    error message above and their browser crashes immediately. Any ideas?
    Suggestions? What's the word from Adobe?

    Huzza08 Guest

  18. #18

    When is Adobe going to do something about this. I have tried everything
    suggested but nothing works. There is an ad on msn homepage now that crashes my
    IE. I have e mailed back and forth with Darren in Tech Support and after a week
    and a half he decided today he would pass this problem on to his senior tech. I
    would hope they knew about it and are working on a fix, but I am having my
    doubts. I'll certainly never trust Adobe again.

    Ricker1127 Guest

  19. #19

    Default Re: IEXPLORE executed an invalid instruction in module FLASH9E.OCX at 0177:30055a77.

    "Ricker1127" <com> wrote in message
    crashes my
    week
    tech. I

    Adobe Flash r119, in FLASH9E.OCX, is using an instruction, PSHUFW, which is
    illegal for some cpu's. It's likely that someone thought it was an MMX
    instruction, but it isn't. It's illegal on AMD K6-2, AMD K6-3, Intel
    Celeron, and maybe others. I've read that it's actually an SSE-1
    instruction and requires checking the SSE feature bit or the MMXEXT feature
    bit prior to use. So, they probably aren't determining the correct cpu type
    and/or checking the feature bits. Certain OSes don't have a replacement
    sequence in their invalid instruction fault handler.

    invalid_instruction Guest

  20. #20

    [Q]Newsgroup User: Adobe Flash r119, in FLASH9E.OCX, is using an instruction,
    PSHUFW, which is illegal for some cpu's. It's likely that someone thought it
    was an MMX instruction, but it isn't. It's illegal on AMD K6-2, AMD K6-3, Intel
    Celeron, and maybe others.[/Q] People surely can't be expected to replace
    their CPUs so they can use an application? Is there any official response from
    Adobe about this problem and is it likely to issue a patch or workaround in the
    future? There seems to be an awful lot of questions about this problem and not
    an awful lot of answers. Or is just me?

    Huzza08 Guest

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast