Professional Web Applications Themes

If user logged in statement? - Dreamweaver AppDev

I have a member site and only want the sign in to show if the user is not already signed in and the log out to show only if the user is logged in. Can i do this? I know i can for datasets, whether they are empty or full, or if it is the last of first page but is there a tag for if the user is logged? I am guessing that there is since there are a lot of sites that do what i am trying to do. Thanks for the help!...

  1. #1

    Default If user logged in statement?

    I have a member site and only want the sign in to show if the user is not
    already signed in and the log out to show only if the user is logged in. Can i
    do this? I know i can for datasets, whether they are empty or full, or if it is
    the last of first page but is there a tag for if the user is logged? I am
    guessing that there is since there are a lot of sites that do what i am trying
    to do. Thanks for the help!

    barbedwire103 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: If user logged in statement?

    If you are using the inbuilt Login behaviour you can simply check if the
    Session MM_Username is true and if so, not show the link.

    <%If Session("MM_Username") = "" Then%>
    <%End If%>

    Originally posted by: barbedwire103
    I have a member site and only want the sign in to show if the user is not
    already signed in and the log out to show only if the user is logged in. Can i
    do this? I know i can for datasets, whether they are empty or full, or if it is
    the last of first page but is there a tag for if the user is logged? I am
    guessing that there is since there are a lot of sites that do what i am trying
    to do. Thanks for the help!

    CarlGrint Guest

  3. #3

    Am i supposed to put a <?php tag around it? I have copied and pasted your code
    to where i need it. I put the true statement inbetween the quotes. For some
    reason, its still not working. I looked at my other if statements, the ones
    that DW made, and they all are with in php tags. Are these supposed to be too?
    If so, could you add them to your previous code, so i coudl see? Thank you so
    much for your help!

    barbedwire103 Guest

  5. #5

    I have a member site and only want the sign in to show if the user is not
    already signed in and the log out to show only if the user is logged in. Can i
    do this? I know i can for datasets, whether they are empty or full, or if it is
    the last of first page but is there a tag for if the user is logged? I am
    guessing that there is since there are a lot of sites that do what i am trying
    to do. I need this for the php language. Thanks for the help!

    barbedwire103 Guest