Professional Web Applications Themes

IFRAME AND FLASH BUTTONS QUESTION? - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

To all the pro dreamweaver and flash users.I have a question ,that couldn't be answered for awhile.I'm making this site using dreamwer and using teh flash buttons dreamweaver provides you with.Now i want to make a link from the navigation buttons to the iframe yet keepin the intire page static and only the iframe will upload teh information or doent.I know how to target and and make the links from a navigation to teh iframe but thats by normal text meaning the navigations arent button it's just normal text. Withbteh buttons it's abit different there's a way to do it ...

  1. #1

    Default IFRAME AND FLASH BUTTONS QUESTION?

    To all the pro dreamweaver and flash users.I have a question ,that couldn't be
    answered for awhile.I'm making this site using dreamwer and using teh flash
    buttons dreamweaver provides you with.Now i want to make a link from the
    navigation buttons to the iframe yet keepin the intire page static and only
    the iframe will upload teh information or doent.I know how to target and and
    make the links from a navigation to teh iframe but thats by normal text
    meaning the navigations arent button it's just normal text. Withbteh buttons
    it's abit different there's a way to do it but i'm not sure if any body could
    help out that would be great thank you very much

    haitianbrotha Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: IFRAME AND FLASH BUTTONS QUESTION?

    I assume you know all this...but just to be certain; you have multiple html
    (htm, whatever) files saved for each frame? After that, I would say you need
    to open the properties inspector window when one of your buttons is selected -
    and click on "edit" (in the upper right-hand corner of the window). This will
    give you all the options that would normally be directly in the properties
    inspector window with DHTML that you did yourself.

    Interestingly - I never knew all those flash buttons came with dreamweaver :P
    (I like the last tab that looks like OSX) :D

    Steel_Cat Guest

  3. #3

    Where do u find teh propertie inspector again?oo and by the way thanks fo r the help.
    haitianbrotha Guest

  4. #4

    ooo never mind i found it but how can i edit it the way i want ,seen's i can't
    target to the iframe because it already gives me opitions like _blank,
    _parent ,_self,_top the links is ok buT,I want to make a link from the
    button to the iframe only soo the information or doent will be upload
    in there is ther a way i can target it ???

    haitianbrotha Guest

  5. #5

    First you'll need to name your iFrame..

    <iframe name="myiframe" etc...>

    Then to make the Flash button to target this iframe you'll need to create a
    temporary Frameset. In this Frameset name one of the Frames the same as your
    iFrame. You'll probabaly have to save the Frameset first too. Then when you
    launch the Flash Button interface from one of the pages in this Frameset it
    will add that Frame name to the Target list and you can select it.

    Create your Flash buttons using the target of the Frame with the same name
    as the iFrame and save them. Then just insert them into the page containing
    the iFrame and the target will be there for them.

    --
    Regards,
    ...Trent Pastrana

    "haitianbrotha" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > ooo never mind i found it but how can i edit it the way i want ,seen's i
    can't
    > target to the iframe because it already gives me opitions like _blank,
    > _parent ,_self,_top the links is ok buT,I want to make a link from the
    > button to the iframe only soo the information or doent will be
    upload
    > in there is ther a way i can target it ???

    T.Pastrana - 4Level Guest