"Richard van Laar" <R_van_Laarnl.ibm.com> posted:
> How do I know if my camera records a 'real' color space or is just
> putting sRGB in the EXIF tag because it has to?
>
> In other words, how do I know if PS7 has to ignore the EXIF color data
> (with the downloadable patch/Plug-in)?
>
> BTW the camera is a Canon G3.

"Most digital cameras use the Exchangeable Image File (EXIF) format to
store information in image files, including JPEG files. The EXIF format
is limited to two color space tags--sRGB and Uncalibrated RGB. Most
digital cameras attach the sRGB EXIF color space tag to JPEG files..."
- From [url]http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/2d4aa.htm[/url] . Suggest you
read the whole thing.
- Max

--
MisterMax
Slideshows of Angkor Wat, Bali, Crete, France, Malaysia, Maui, Morocco,