Professional Web Applications Themes

IgnoreEXIF - Adobe Photoshop Elements

If you are using a Mac ... do you still need this? Sorry if that sounds a silly question but Byron gave a link to the Adobe site for a download so I went to check it out but when I clicked on the Mac link ... it just said "We are sorry the page you wanted to view is no longer here"...

  1. #1

    Default IgnoreEXIF

    Wendy_E_Williams@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: IgnoreEXIF

    Try this one:
    <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/2f032.htm> - the link to both mac and windows downloads is there (as well as explanation of why it works!)

    Susan S
    Susan_S.@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Susan ...

    Thank for the new link ... the explanation was really good. I have just downloaded it and will install it soon.
    Wendy_E_Williams@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Well I installed it ... then relaunched Elements. Nothing happened, everything just looks the same ......

    Should something happen?
    Wendy_E_Williams@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Wendy, only if you had trouble before. If your images were reddish, say, no matter how much you calibrated your monitor, the plug-in will usually fix that.
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Barbara ... Seeing that it has made no discernible difference perhaps it was all OK in the first place. I only really installed it because quite a few threads said it was worth doing, maybe I will now uninstall it.

    Thank for all your help
    Wendy_E_Williams@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Wendy, an option to uninstalling it is to just toggle it off using "Respect
    EXIF". I believe that when you download 'Ignore EXIF' you get 'Respect
    EXIF' with it..

    Chuck_Snyder@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Hi Chuck,

    This is where I got confused ... the read me file that comes with the ignoreEXIF colour space says "Photoshop Elements will continue to ignore the EXIF color space setting in files unless Respect EXIF Color Space is run to restore the normal behavior of Photoshop Elements 2.0." but in the folder there was only the ignoreEXIF colour space and no explanation at all of just how you run the Respect EXIF Color Space ... even if I could find it.

    any ideas? ...
    Wendy_E_Williams@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    I have just been to the Mac download page and there it says "Photoshop Elements will continue to ignore the EXIF color space setting in files unless the plug-in is removed and Photoshop Elements is restarted"

    It sounds like the read me file in the Mac version is incorrect and that there is no Respect EXIF Color Space for Macs.

    Maybe a Mac user who has it could clarify this .....

    Thank for all the help folks
    Wendy_E_Williams@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Same for me, Wendy, but I would think you could just remove the plug-in from the plug-ins folder.
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Wendy and Barbara: Maybe it's a Mac vs. PC thing, but the folder I
    downloaded for Ignore EXIF Color Space has three files in it: Ignore...,
    Respect.... and ReadMe. I put shortcuts to both Ignore and Respect on my
    desktop...

    Chuck

    Chuck_Snyder@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    Wendy and Barbara: Sorry for the confusion. It IS a Mac vs. PC thing; the
    instructions for PC say you use "Respect..." to turn it off, while the
    instructions for Mac, say you have to remove the plug-in to get it to stop
    working. Sorry for the confusion...

    Chuck

    Chuck_Snyder@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    Hi, Chuck. Yes, I was just going to post that. It's just drag and drop on the mac, so it's also drag and drop to go.
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    Thanks Chuck & Barbara, I did a drag & a drop into the bin. It is odd that the read me file that comes in the down loaded folder says something totally different to the site instructions ... probably someone used the same read me file for both windows & Mac :).

    It sure confused me ... thanks for all your help
    Wendy_E_Williams@adobeforums.com Guest