Professional Web Applications Themes

illustrator 10: How to output at a lower dpi resolution - Adobe Illustrator Windows

John: "What exactly are you trying to do? Make film positives for silkscreen printing? Are you doing the printing yourself or is someone else? If someone else, why can't they produce their own film? " Sorry for not answering your questions John. Well basically I'm trying to output positives to show customers how the printing is going to look like when printed on film (LDPE). Eventually this positives will be turned into negatives, which will be used for photopolymer plates. Another reason for why I wish to print positives and negatives out is because if I were to give our ...

  1. #21

    Default Re: illustrator 10: How to output at a lower dpi resolution

    John:

    "What exactly are you trying to do?

    Make film positives for silkscreen printing?

    Are you doing the printing yourself or is someone else?

    If someone else, why can't they produce their own film? "

    Sorry for not answering your questions John. Well basically I'm trying to output positives to show customers how the printing is going to look like when printed on film (LDPE). Eventually this positives will be turned into negatives, which will be used for photopolymer plates. Another reason for why I wish to print positives and negatives out is because if I were to give our printers, they would charge minimum $30 for the output.

    This is exactly the type of effect I wish to accomplish:
    <http://desktoppub.about.com/library/graphics/a-halftonecolor.gif>

    HP tech support just advises me to install another printer driver but I don't want to compromise the rest of the artwork, just the halftone areas.
    Elgin_Lee@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #22

    SEE!!! LINES PER INCH!!!

    How about Effect>Pixelate>Color Halftone?
    Bert Guest

  3. #23

    Bert, who's dat?
    Dean_M@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #24

    Dean:

    It's me getting acupuncture. Look what they did to me in that "other" Adobe forum place:

    Nails <http://www.itchybug.com/nails.jpg> (Disturbing Image Warning)

    Brrrrr!

    Bert
    Bert Guest

  5. #25

    AUGH! AAAUUUGGGHHH!!! <http://pws.prserv.net/hkahome/photo_gallery/FunnyStuff/ahhhhh.wav>
    Harron_K._Appleman@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #26

    I agree: cutting off the bows of the spectacles was mean. Was that really necessary?
    Jacob_Bugge@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #27

    Well they're not needed anymore because he nailed the glasses stuck to my face...
    Bert Guest

  8. #28

    Another reason for why I wish to print positives and negatives out is
    because if I were to give our printers, they would charge minimum $30
    for the output.

    If your outputs could be used to burn plates I would be very suprised.
    John_Slate@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #29

    " If your outputs could be used to burn plates I would be very suprised. "

    Actually yes...nowadays, we could print negatives on vellum sheets which is more than enough to expose the photopolymer plates. This process really cuts out the need for graphical/plate providers. We are even able to output negatives using inkjet printers.

    John, are you in the flexographical industry?
    Elgin_Lee@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #30

    can anyone help me with installing illustrator 9.0 on my pc?
    Chelsea_Chelsea@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #31

    Not in this thread. Start your own. Go to the main topic list, and create a new topic.
    Bert Guest

  12. #32

    This thread is now T/O.
    Jacob_Bugge@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #33

    John, are you in the flexographical industry?

    No, offset litho.

    I would have bet that there would no be enough density in your blacks to allow making plates in a vacuum frame...

    Go figure.

    Signed, Surprised
    John_Slate@adobeforums.com Guest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12