Professional Web Applications Themes

Illustrator 10-Lost layers/actions/links palette from viewable area HELLLLP!!! - Adobe Illustrator Macintosh

PLEASE HELP... I have just finished installing MAC OSX 10.3.4 on my power MAC G4 and now my layers palette has vanished from the face of the earth,this problem is not apparent in photoshop only on illustrator10. I have tried everything- tab with all palettes opened or closed,shift tab.leaving all others closed or viceversa. Yes the command is visible under AI.10 WINDOW but is as if they no longer exist. only other physical change I have done is switch from a bigger monitor to a smaller one. First one was APPLE now I'M using a PHILIPS....

  1. #1

    Default Illustrator 10-Lost layers/actions/links palette from viewable area HELLLLP!!!

    JUAN_M._LINARES@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    I'm willing to bet the smaller monitor is the problem. I think Illy automatically remembers pallette positions; the layer palette position may now be off screen. Can you reattach your larger monitor temporarily? If so then try opening Illy, see if the pallette is there. If it is, then drag it to center. Then try the new monitor again.

    There maybe a simpler way around this but I can't think of it off hand.

    inez
    Inez_Henson-Smith@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Oh, if you can, you might try setting the small monitor to it's highest resolution. This might pull the pallette into view (maybe?), pull it to center and then reset resolution.

    Just guessing,

  4. #4

  5. #5

    Juan,

    I answered on your previous post. Did none of it help?

  6. #6

    inez ,

    I did not get an answer. I didn't post a previows message.--?????
    I would love to get that answer though as - am still stuck on this problem.

    thanks lots

    JUAN M.
    JUAN_M._LINARES@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Hi Juan,

    Odd. I received it twice, about a half hour apart. You should be able to see it as 2 separate discussions with the same subject in the forum as well. My 2 posts are there, but I'm pasting them here. Don't know if they'll be of any hlep, but here's hoping :)

    I'm willing to bet the smaller monitor is the problem. I think Illy automatically remembers pallette positions; the layer pallette position may now be off screen. Can you reattach your larger monitor temporarily? If so then try opening Illy, see if the pallette is there. If it is, then drag it to center. Then try the new monitor again.

    There maybe a simpler way around this but I can't think of it off hand.

    inez

    Oh, if you can, you might try setting the small monitor to it's highest resolution. This might pull the pallette into view (maybe?), pull it to center and then reset resolution.

    Just guessing,
    inez

    Good luck,

  8. #8

    Juan,

    Trash your AI preferences file. This should reset the palettes to their default position with reference to your monitor size.

    Larry
    Larry_G._Schneider@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Hi Inez

    YES!!!-DUH!- I get it now. I'm feeling my way through this thing and as a beginer to this site thing I POSTED THE MESSG.TWICE-The first time the result felt odd to me so...then I couln't find your first reply so I'm like am I being scamed?? "leave it to a neophyte" sigh! Now everything has been revealed.Sorry!
    Anyway thanks for your suggestions; they make sence I'll try them and let you know what happened.

    Hey, Larry G.
    Thanks! I'll try your sugestion also.

    Juan M.
    JUAN_M._LINARES@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    HI INEZ,
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH! The problem was the monitor switch,I since gone back to my old big monitor and now all's fine.
    Also Larry'S sugstn. would have worked too . -SO something new WAS learned .

    Thanks guys- Alls well that ends well as they say.

    JUAN M.
    JUAN_M._LINARES@adobeforums.com Guest