Professional Web Applications Themes

Illustrator Cs bugs! - Adobe Illustrator Windows

I was able to figure out some of the problems I have with the new version of Illustrator and tough I could pass it around. 1st I called the tech support who was prompt to blame everyone but Illustrator for all the trouble I was having. I was suppose to create from scratch (not convert) all of my original swatches, brushes, styles, templates, etc to the new version of Illustrator CS. Well I new that was a bunch of bull, since the all of the original swatches are still include in the new CD and they work, plus it would ...

Default Illustrator Cs bugs!

I was able to figure out some of the problems I have with the new version of Illustrator and tough I could pass it around. 1st I called the tech support who was prompt to blame everyone but Illustrator for all the trouble I was having. I was suppose to create from scratch (not convert) all of my original swatches, brushes, styles, templates, etc to the new version of Illustrator CS. Well I new that was a bunch of bull, since the all of the original swatches are still include in the new CD and they work, plus it would take me days/weeks to do such request. Well after much testing I was able to find some bugs and Iím reporting some here in the forum so there is some kind of record. There no mention of some of these bugs issues in Adobe's web site.
    1. The Alt- Nudge (arrow keys) will not work after you have created a text path. The Alt-nudge is a short cut for Crtl+C, Ctrl-F and Nudge all in one key stroke. What is strange is that all of the objects that where created before any text object was created can be Atl-nudged, but after you create the text path then you canít do it. If you delete the text path then you are able to use the Alt-Nudge.

2. Some fonts like BrushScript, Jokerman LET, Calligraphic421 BT and many others can not be selected by typing on the text palette the name of the font and then hitting the enter key, it will revert back to what ever was originally there. When you start typing, per example, BruÖ. The rest of the font will auto complete but then if you hit the enter key nothing will happen. I ran a test and it doesnít seam to be specific to TT, OTF or T1 fonts it happens with all types of font, nor is specific to the creation of the font, that is any font created before or after 1998.

3. Open a complex drawing with many layers and text, do a Crtl-A and then try changing the attributes of all of the paths to round caps and round corners in the path palette, the screen will refresh but nothing will happened. All of the Paths will not change when you select globally. The problem is that if you have any object with no stroke in the selection, then for some reason you can not change the path attributes globally. This bug, we where able to figure out with a a new tech support person (He was much more help and cordial) that was interested in what I had to say and I had valid concerns and I was not crazy.
    A work around is to created any object with no stroke, select no path object then go to select/same/stroke path , then select inverse and the you can change the path attributes globally
    All of these bugs did not exist in version 9.02 which is the version I upgraded from.

I have many other bugs/complains but Iím short of time, my written English is poor and Iím a slow typist, therefore I have to make it short. And for some of the tech support that say that this is a new software completely recode and some old files may be trouble, I say, I could care less, that is there problem! Old files should open and work correctly. All I want is some of the same features of the older version with the new improvement! I bought the Upgrade mainly because of claim of faster performance and some new features that I haveínt experimented with because Iím trying to solve some of the existing problems.
    Kevin_Brenner@adobeforums.com Guest

Default Re: Illustrator Cs bugs!

Kevin,

Have you applied your list here? <http://www.adobe.com/misc/bugreport.html>

Bob
    BobHill@adobeforums.com Guest

Bob,
    No I haven't reported these bug in that web page, but I did reported to the tech support via telephone. I did not even know there was an official place to report bugs, thanks.

Kevin Brenner

Although the tech may well have made the report himself, it never hurts to double up using Bug Reports.

Bob

I know the pain Kevin - I too have come from 9.02 straight to CS, as IMHO 10 wasn't worth the pain.

But it seems that whilst there's a lot to like about IllCS, there's also a lot of simple bugs that hold it back - bugs that didn't exist to the best of my knowledge in 9.02. It's all a bit disheartening, really :/
    Mikey_Hopkins@adobeforums.com Guest

Oh, and here's another bug to add to the ever growing list.

With two shapes selected, hover over a Pathfinder palette option and press the Alt key a few times - for no apparent reason, it will apply the pathfinder option you're hovering over. Frustrating given that to do a 'true' operation which modifies the original shapes into a new one, you have to hold Alt and click the desired pathfinder button.

Except for when Illustrator pretends it's pressing it for you. And yeah, this didn't happen in 9.02 - it's a CS 'feature' I'll bet.
    Mikey_Hopkins@adobeforums.com Guest

Hi Mikey,

If you haven't already, please report the bug you found at the URL Bob listed in post #1.

Kevin,

A work-around for the first bug you posted (the alt-nudge bug) is to use the layer palette to make sure the object you want to nudge is below the text path object. For whatever reason, objects above a text path object can't be nudged, but those located below the text path object can be.

Lance
    Lance_K@adobeforums.com Guest

Thanks always for the information, Lance.

Bob

Thank you guys for the work arounds!.
    Also where is the Filter Pen and Ink, I donít think they included in the plugins in CS. Since I still use that plugin I had to pull it out of Ill 9.02 and it worked!

Mikey, while you are talking about the Pathfinder I think there is another bug here. Sometimes when i select two paths and apply a pathfinder option some other objects that is nowhere near will get transformed also. I have tried to find a link to that rogue(s) objects that get transformed even they are not selected, they are not part of a group, a compound group and at times they are not even in the same layer.
    Have you experience this applied pathfinder to any object even if not selected syndrome.

Kevin Brenner

Actually, Mikey, the pathfinder thing exists in 10.0.3 as well.
    Philip_Peterson@adobeforums.com Guest

I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing these! I also came from AI9 (a common thread it seems) and was having problems. Tech support told me it was user error, bad files, corrupted fonts, anything but a problem with the software.
    Neumy@adobeforums.com Guest