Professional Web Applications Themes

Illustrator CS type cursor, character & formatting - Adobe Illustrator Macintosh

Has anyone else had a problem with the text cursor in a text box in Illustrator CS not being visible? It does not matter where you try to position it within a text box, it just does not appear. The only way I can see where my cursor is inserted is to highlight (select) some of the text. In addition to this dilema, some of my fonts display incorrect characters in AI CS (ie- in one font, the number 6 appears as a question mark ?). Also, after I have formatted text, when I go back to it later and ...

  1. #1

    Default Illustrator CS type cursor, character & formatting

    Has anyone else had a problem with the text cursor in a text box in Illustrator CS not being visible? It does not matter where you try to position it within a text box, it just does not appear. The only way I can see where my cursor is inserted is to highlight (select) some of the text. In addition to this dilema, some of my fonts display incorrect characters in AI CS (ie- in one font, the number 6 appears as a question mark ?). Also, after I have formatted text, when I go back to it later and select it to change some of its formatting, the type character window will show the default text settings; not the font, size, leading, tracking, etc I specified. However, the info window will show the font & size correctly. Has anyone else had these problems??? Any suggestions?
    Thanks.
    -Pam
    Pam_Kern@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    There's a thread a few subject-lines away on this very subject. Take a look. I'll bet you can find it! ;-)

    jonf@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks for letting me know. Yes, I found the thread, but no one really has any answers there. The problem is still a mystery as are other two problems I have had with type (some fonts displaying incorrect characters and the type character window not showing the format I have given to text). I'm guessing that Adobe would probably recommend I trash all my old fonts and upgrade to all Open Type fonts, but that's totally unrealistic. Thanks.
    Pam_Kern@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    As long as there's an active thread discussing your subject it's best to post further questions and comments into that thread. That's the only reason I mention it. If someone comes up with the answer or solution they might not post it twice.

    There may still be an answer out there. Keep checking.
    jonf@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Sorry.
    Forum faux pas.
    I've used the info from the forum before, but this is a first for posting. Now I know better.

    No one else post to this thread. Let it die.

    I'll post my message through an active thread on the subject & go from there.
    Pam_Kern@adobeforums.com Guest