Professional Web Applications Themes

Illustrator CS - where is the tool box? - Adobe Illustrator Windows

After a while, I decided to give a spin to Adobe Illustrator CS (11.0.0) in the CS package and the first thing I noticed was that the Tool Box is not available at all. There is no option to display it in the menu system. (normally in PS CS, you can use Window-> Option to chose what to display). Also F1 does not bring 'help' screens at all. I have uninstalled and installed & activated the entire CS Premium package but still the result is the same. Opening 'New from Template' comes up with several missing 'Plugins'. Obviously it is ...

  1. #1

    Default Illustrator CS - where is the tool box?

    After a while, I decided to give a spin to Adobe Illustrator CS (11.0.0) in the CS package and the first thing I noticed was that the Tool Box is not available at all. There is no option to display it in the menu system. (normally in PS CS, you can use Window-> Option to chose what to display). Also F1 does not bring 'help' screens at all. I have uninstalled and installed & activated the entire CS Premium package but still the result is the same. Opening 'New from Template' comes up with several missing 'Plugins'. Obviously it is not normal. Any suggestions?
    Balu_S.@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Illustrator CS - where is the tool box?

    Not sure what you're seeing on your screen--do you not see the toolbox when
    you click Window/tools?

    --
    Rick in Tacoma

    old_cop@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Also try holding down ctrl, alt and shift, immediately after starting
    Illustrator CS (you'll see a confirmation message) to reset your preferences
    which may be corrupted.

  4. #4

    You will be surprised - I have no 'Tools' option.

    What I have under 'Windows' menu:
    New Window
    ------
    Cascade
    Tile
    Arrange Icons
    ------
    Attributes
    Info
    Type (under this - Character,Open Type, Paragraph, tabs)
    ------
    Untitled -1 100%

    I do not have any issues with other applications of CS Premium.
    Balu_S.@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Also try holding down ctrl, alt and shift, immediately after starting
    Illustrator CS (you'll see a confirmation message) to reset your preferences
    which may be corrupted.

    Rick, I tried it - no confirmatory message appears. I presume your suggestion is for a Windows system and not Mac.
    Thanks.
    Balu_S.@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Yes, it's for a windows system and if you are running a windows system, and
    don't see the confirmation message make sure you hold down those keys
    IMMEDIATELY after clicking to start up Illustrator. If you have a Mac you'll
    have to wait for a Mac person to show/help you reset your prefs. It almost
    sounds as if Illustrator's not even installed correctly though. Are you
    able to open and save doents?

  7. #7

    Balu,

    As to the [F1] problem, take a look at
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/2dba6.htm[/url]

    LenHewitt@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    No luck - the popup would not showup. Since removing Illustrator CS by the conventional way and reinstalling (using CD-1 and uninstalling) has been tried a few times and has not produced the desired results, I want to remove all the remnants of the program by someother means, perhaps through Regedit and then reinstall this program.

    What is the best way to accomplish this?
    TIA.
    Balu_S.@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Balu,
    >>the popup would not showup. <<
    You weren't quick enough. However if you go to the FAQ's
    [url]http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50.eed5198.2cd0b46e[/url] ) you will
    find instructions on how to manually delete the preference file

    LenHewitt@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    OK, I did delete the Pref file, but as I had suspected, the original problem is very much there. Now that the detour is done, how do I fix the original problem?
    Balu_S.@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    am having the same problem. no tool box, no filters, very sad empty program. was this problem ever solved?
    craig_garrett@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    Craig,
    I have given up on this as well as the highly buggy GoLive CS - no wonder these are bundled free with the CS Premium. The support is even more pathetic than these programs. I just use Photoshop and Acrobat.
    Balu_S.@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    I have given up on this as well as the highly buggy GoLive CS - no wonder these are bundled free with the CS Premium. The support is even more pathetic than these programs. I just use Photoshop and Acrobat.
    It's down by the eyedroppertool, where you've got the blend tool. Just click and hold, then you'll find it.
    Unregistered Guest

  14. #14

    I had this same problem, i did the cont+alt+shift and then restarted the program and everything was there for me. Really ty how that happened, hope you guys figured it out too!
    Unregistered Guest

  15. #15

    You can displace the toolbox by going to window > workspace > and select automation
    DougA Guest